diy solar

diy solar

Solar for hunting blind.

cotton top

I built a 100 sq. foot small blind to hunt in with my grandchildren. I plan to have a ceiling fan, tv, very small portable cooler, a Kuerig type coffee maker, an outlet to charge cell phone and a light. I have zero experience with solar. Is there a turnkey kit I can purchase and install myself that will meet my needs? Thank you in advance for any help and advise.

I built a 100 sq. foot small blind to hunt in with my grandchildren. I plan to have a ceiling fan, tv, very small portable cooler, a Kuerig type coffee maker, an outlet to charge cell phone and a light. I have zero experience with solar. Is there a turnkey kit I can purchase and install myself that will meet my needs? Thank you in advance for any help and advise.
Look into solar generators they are very portable. Get an exact account of how much energy you will need and size the generator accordingly. These things are very compact and portable so it can be stored out of harm’s way when not in use wilts almost no setup or tear down time.

Let’s get a figure on the loads you want.
Ceiling fan… so you will need a hard wired system, or an outlet to connect a wired device.
Portable cooler… please explain what you are wanting here. Model number, and energy data plate would be a good start, actual Wh usage numbers even better.
Tv, light, charger, no issue. Coffee, can be easy, or hard… let’s gather some usage numbers…

Welcome!

Or buy a few components and build a little milk crate deal. Will meet your needs and be a great learning project and let you bond with the grand kids. Let them see how you problem solve. Give them skills for life.

12 volt LiFePO4 battery (will outlast you), a panel or two, a small charge controller, blade fuse holder/bus bar, cigarette style plug for phone stuff/lights. All cheaper and probably better than buying a so-called ”solar generator.”

Coffee is hard on battery power. Might be fun to build a little penny alcohol stove.

Ryobi 18 volt stuff for a small fan.

Back