diy solar

diy solar

Solar, LiFePo4,Air conditioning in RV

somewhereinusa

Solar Enthusiast
I'm pretty excited. I got everything wired and working yesterday. About noon I turned on the AC in the bedroom. At about 6PM the panels were still producing more than the AC was using. (Northern Indiana, slightly cloudy, some overcast).
I left the AC on all night set on 75°. This is what the state of charge was this morning at 6AM

49972787613_be923348c9_o.jpg

• 12,000 BTU inverter type mini-split
  • 6 255W solar panels
  • 6 138 Ah Valence LiFePo4 12V batteries
  • Home built safety for battery shutdown along with Valence cell balencing

All of this started about a year ago when I saw an ad for some used Valence batteries. At that time I knew nothing about lithium batteries or solar. Rough cost $5000 including batteries, solar panels and Victron inverter/charger and solar controller.

What is the brand of the 12,000 BTU inverter type mini-split?

I just added a micro-air easy start to my 15k A/C which was needed, I would get a fault light on my inverter from the initial current spike when starting from the locked rotor amps. Since the install no more fault light, can't wait to use it off of the solar/ batteries.

I'm pretty excited. I got everything wired and working yesterday. About noon I turned on the AC in the bedroom. At about 6PM the panels were still producing more than the AC was using. (Northern Indiana, slightly cloudy, some overcast).
I left the AC on all night set on 75°. This is what the state of charge was this morning at 6AM

49972787613_be923348c9_o.jpg

• 12,000 BTU inverter type mini-split
  • 6 255W solar panels
  • 6 138 Ah Valence LiFePo4 12V batteries
  • Home built safety for battery shutdown along with Valence cell balencing

All of this started about a year ago when I saw an ad for some used Valence batteries. At that time I knew nothing about lithium batteries or solar. Rough cost $5000 including batteries, solar panels and Victron inverter/charger and solar controller.
Wow, what a steal! Those batteries are worth about 2000 each new... I can’t find them used anywhere... everybody has the 48Ah valence... NOICE!

What is the brand of the 12,000 BTU inverter type mini-split?

I just added a micro-air easy start to my 15k A/C which was needed, I would get a fault light on my inverter from the initial current spike when starting from the locked rotor amps. Since the install no more fault light, can't wait to use it off of the solar/ batteries.
Klimeair

Back