diy solar

diy solar

Solar Panel Certification - IEC 61730 Test Reports

HateGrid

What is the best way to ensure that the panels being purchased meet the IEC-61730 standards?

I talked with one supplier on Alibaba that was honest and said that they did not have test reports for their current line of panels. Another supplier provided a certificate from the China Quality Certification Centre for the factory, but I wasn't able to confirm the certificate number on https://www.cqc.com.cn/ and it didn't list the solar module itself. Intertek.com is reporting that their test certificates have been faked by both Rosen and Bluesun. It is likely that the panels are fine, but without the test report if something does happen, insurance will likely not pay.

What have people been doing and any tricks for getting a list of certified panels to avoid having to ask each supplier for the test certificates?

So, it turns out that a lot of this is a language / terminology issue and instead of listing the standards, the suppliers seem to be listing the testing agency that did the testing such as SGS, TÜV, and Intertek to name a few. Most of the testing agencies have their own databases, so you can confirm the certificates are still valid.

So, it turns out that a lot of this is a language / terminology issue and instead of listing the standards...
Are you scrolling to the right where the columns with the real data are? For example, if I delete columns D thru J (primarily certs) it looks like:

1619014237238.png

Are you scrolling to the right where the columns with the real data are? For example, if I delete columns D thru J (primarily certs) it looks like:

View attachment 46030
Yes, not a problem with the spreadsheet.

What triggered my thread was an issue where I had 4 solar providers (none of which are on the list) say they either didn't have certification or they provided certificates that had expired or were for older panels. Once I figured out what was going on and I asked them for their SGS certificate or TÜV certificate, I was able to get current certificates.

Back