diy solar

diy solar

Solar Panels for Anker 757

Hi I just ordered an Anker 757 to use as a power house for my van. I'd like to order some cheaper flexible solar panels from Aliexpress as the ones from Anker are really expensive.

I found those 150W 24V 6.8A panels and was thinking to use two of those in parallel: link

Does that make sense? I am new to solar but also confirmed from Anker that the excess Amps would be ignored.

First I wanted to use the 2 plugs from the 3 times adapter that comes with the power station but all MC4 to XT60 adapters seem to have a female XT60 plug, or am I missing something here? So instead I'd just use 2 y-cables from here and a single MC4 to XT60 converter from here
For the y-cables do I use the type a or type b ones? Or do I need one of each? Couldn't find out what the difference is but was trying to copy what this German shop is offering: german shop.

Help would be greatly appreciated :)

I am waiting for my Anker Solix F1200 (757) to be delivered.

In my search for a solar panel, I came across this JA Solar panel on a1solarstore:
JA Solar 395w Solar Panel 108 Cell JA-JAM54-S31-395MR

I am considering getting this one because it's cheap ($196 on sale), I can pick it up from a local warehouse, and the operating parameters are close to the 30V/10A input on the 757: the Max Power Voltage is 30.84V, and the Max Power Current is 12.81A under ideal condition. Under non-ideal condition, the current should be close to 10A. I still need to add a buck converter to get the voltage down to 30V. I have been looking at the DROK DC-DC converters available on Amazon. Is this a reasonable way to go? Btw, this is for home use (power outage and such) so the glass solar panel works.

I don't have any experience with doing something like this so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Back