diy solar

diy solar

Solar Portable Light Trailer

Somemedic

Hi.
I've been lurking awhile and had some thoughts about a grid tie system for my home. This will be long winded but once I start painting the picture it will get me some better tailored advice.

I'd like to supplement my home with some whole house batteries. Right now it's just momma and me and I shall retire soon. While I'm still working I can amass the items I think I will need to lower my electric bill in the way of charging batteries at night when electric is cheaper and then using the batteries in the day hours when electric tends to be more expensive. Also, there are quite a few times when I've needed to fall back on my generator to power the house.

After watching a few of Will's vids tho I saw there were batteries that had transfer switches built in, with inverters as well, and that I might be able to tie in solar at a later date, as my funds would allow. But I'd also like to retire to a different place and maybe take some of this investment with me to the next place.

So recently I came across a trailer at auction for a cheap price. https://www.progresssolarsolutions.com . The SLT800 has the ability to generate and store power, provided some modifications such as a retrofit with a wind generator and larger panels but I think it's a viable start.

My next purchase will most likely be some house batteries/ inverter/ transfer switch/ MPPT controller like was reviewed by Will a few months ago. I can then purchase a large inverter for the trailer and make it a stand alone mobile solar generator.... but I'm torn as to which one to go with. Any thoughts on what brand or have you had luck with a particular brand? Any thing I should shy away from?

Back