diy solar

diy solar

Solar powered altcoin mining system sizing

Shame those batteries aint cheap, would make an excellent storage battery for my.project idea ?

Ok so revisiting this again and ive come across a few things. The most promising looking idea is using a 12v dc motor.to run a cars alternator to produce electricity on demand. Seems you can use it to charge a battery, the battery runs the motor to keep the juice going and then you can use an inverter from the battery your are charging.

Im sure some of you guys if havent already looked.into this maybe could help me work out what size alternator i would need to buy to run the required power. If it produces 2880w at 12v what will that correlate down to when i transform it using an inverter to 230v? This is based on a 200a alternator. The motor is only around £10 few bits and bobs and it should be good to.go.

I dont think i would need as a large a battery bank either so how do i size the battery system so it gives enough room to utilize the power without disconeecting im assuming a certain size would be required to run say a 2000w psw inverter? I know that will give me 1000w constant so that eill power 350w nicely corrrect?

Your conversations skills are amazing ? fools errand you say??? Looks like these alternator generators kick out a decent rating. An alternator is just the same as a windmill only difference being you can rotate this with a 12 v engine.

Im going to give it a go. For the sake of about £50 i could have untapped power.

Ok yeah seems pretty legit way to make energy to me, your open enough to use renewables yet tonuse a motor to power an alternator and make power isnt possible even though theres a clear demonstration there of a guy running 2 500w light bulbs and using a battery charger to keep the 12v batteries charged.
He isnt the only person making these videos too. There also using a dc motor and an aray of strong magnets to rotate the dc motor to create power.
If your not interested in participating anymore thats fine just dont respond.
If anyone wants to have a discussion about these ideas then i welcome your comments. Im seriously going to give this a go.
Question is the unlabeled part is that a regulator or something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200812-001255_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200812-001255_YouTube.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1
These aren't ideas. They're farces. Just because you started a thread about solar doesn't mean you get to wander off into "free energy" territory.

It is not legitimate at all. EVERY time you convert energy from one form to another, you lose something. Furthermore, running a resistive load like a light bulb is a piece of cake. Providing pure sine wave power at 50/60Hz to run a computer is more involved.

If you want to waste your money, that's your prerogative. You will be no closer to meeting your original goal.

They are creating enough rpm to generate 90a at 110v from what ive read. The motor is only a 12v motor using a few amps. We discussed solar decided it would require a very large investment to provide enough coverage. The goal of solar is to reduce the impact of energy creation so to discuss "free energy" ideas seems a logical advancement of the conversation.
What if you used the power of one solar panel to charge the 12v battery running the motor that drives the alternator, then your only needing to consider battery storage levels to keep the motor running.
I need a battery charger, an alternator i can grab from a scrapyard for £20 tops and ive got a dryer in the back yard with a motor on it i need to check out.
If it fails, it fails but if i can generate enough useable.power then happy days. The miners use around 350w at 220v if i remember the figures correctly so they actually run about the same as a computer before you would then have to add graphics cards to mine with using more power.

350w isnt a massive amount when you think of the average running costs of the average home.

If your not interested then thats your choice but please leave the discussion if your not going to engage and that will allow others to engage

You can't get energy for free. You can't create it from nothing.

If the 12V motor is using only a few amps, you're only going to extract less than 3A*12V = 36W out of it. Losses between conversions will push that even lower.

Where are you getting the current for the battery charger?

Panel to battery - loss due to conversion inefficiencies
battery to motor - loss due to motor inefficiencies
motor to alternator - loss due to mechanical drive system
alternator producing VAC - loss due to conversion inefficiencies

If you're going to be pulling power out one end of a system, you're going to need to put MORE than that into the input of a system.

My responses founded in reality vs. your flights of fancy don't discourage anyone from participating.

The alternator produces the amps to charge the battery obviously. A 12v motor running at 3000rpm will allow the alternator to kick out the 200a at 110v with the regulator removed. A google search says thats 2880w that it produces. Im unsure what voltage that it im assuming thats 12v so what does that power down to. But if a 12v motor running at a few amps can spin the alternatoe fast enough then the alternator generates energy like it would in the car. How much power would it take to run a 12v motor at 3000rpm and then if thats spinning the motor generating 200a even if thats also at 12v the thats a gain of around 190a which would then be available to run the battery charger.
In that image the guy is literally plugging the battery charger into the setup and you can see the charge being delivered at the same timw as running the 2 x 500watt bulbs

You are talking nonsense. In order to extract 200A@110V = 22,000W, you have to input >22,000W.

Have you every seen a fully illuminated 500W bulb, or a 200W bulb? They are blinding. They didn't even faze the camera's light sensor or wash out the rest of the image. Even if they were the bulbs claimed, they weren't putting out nowhere near their rated power.

Spinning an alternator without load takes almost no effort. Spinning an alternator under load takes more effort than the power it produces, hence why the system was clearly loaded by the lights and it slowed down.

Again, you can't get something for nothing.

What you don't see in that video is the whole system dying when the FIAMM battery runs out of juice or that the amount charged into the separate battery is FAR less than the amount extracted from the FIAMM. That system is riddled with inefficiencies.

Again, abandon this fool's errand. You lack a basic understanding of the concepts involved. I hate to see anyone waste their time and money, but if that's what it takes to prove to yourself that this is hooey, go for it.

The only option is if you can obtain natural gas cheaply and also a natural gas generator to run at night.

If the NG and maintence costs are lower than feeding from the grid, its viable. Tbh you better off moving your mining op were hydro is .03kwh or less.

Mining as a dump load makes better sense.

Tbh i just like crypto in general, i wanted someway of generating enough energy to run a miner via a pool. Profitiability calculators show that these machines use about £2 worth of electric a day make about £8. Convert that to my chosen coins and dump them for gbp when the time is right. At moment im investing a little bit here and there but its out of a limited budget.

I located a motor for a tumble dryer in my back garden that ive been meaning to take to the dump. Comes from a "elektra compact dryer" its about ten year old, the heater matrix died in it. I quite like the idea of making a wind generator but from what ive read it is better to make it from a car alternator rather than this ac motor so i might wire that up and use it for my workbench maybe make a bench grinder sharpen all my dull tools up ect.

It seems people have varying success with these ac or dc motor generators. My thought was if i could.spin the alternator fast enough and have the motor apinning it powered by an efficient motor would.have dont the job to.provide enough power. I seen one guy using his setup to power 2 bulbs and then when he used a drill the load did indeed slow the belts.down but aslong as he didnt press.too hard on the drill it kept.running. he did a few more bits to his setup and then suddenly.it ran the drill fine.

I think theres definetly a way of producing the power to run the alternator.

Interesting suggestion on the natural gas option. I do have a shell garage down the road that sells lpg on the pump. Its about 50p a litre but i wanted ideally something that wouldnt make noise and irritate the nighbours ????

Quick side bar to this but related can anyone confirm this wiring is right to plug the motor in and turn the switch on at the wall and it will run???
seems to have 2 positives one in one out and then just one negative. Not sure if maybe ive got the capacitor wired wrong there too i assumed the positives went together?20200813_023355.jpg

This is all quite silly.

... feed the 12V into the motor that drives the alternator, then stick some big capacitors on the output of the alternator and feed that into the input of the inverter, take the output of the inverter to a charger and finally connect that charger back to the battery.

INFINITE POWER ACHIEVED

Just so your all aware im autistic not a fool. I want to learn about many things this has peaked my interest.

I cant decide if your all adamant that it wont work because your that into solar or what? Guys posting these videos showing the readouts on the meters. All seems be legitimate.

If it dont work i would have spent about £20 on an alternator and have a battery or 2 extra. Worth trying in my opinion. Worst case scenario ive got something cool to show people or can dismantle it and use the parts of the system ?‍♂️

think because someone is trying to learn and your calling them a fool just makes you a bit of a tosser really. If youve said anything along the lines of "fool" "fools errand" or called me an idiot remove yourself from this thread before i report your comments to admin.

Absolute joke tbh

Nice try, but you don't get to play that card. You've been advised that what you are contemplating, pretty much from the outset of the post, is a fools errand. It's been laid out and explained to you in polite terms too.

Just so your all aware im autistic not a fool. I want to learn about many things this has peaked my interest.

I cant decide if your all adamant that it wont work because your that into solar or what? Guys posting these videos showing the readouts on the meters. All seems be legitimate.

If it dont work i would have spent about £20 on an alternator and have a battery or 2 extra. Worth trying in my opinion. Worst case scenario ive got something cool to show people or can dismantle it and use the parts of the system ?‍♂️

think because someone is trying to learn and your calling them a fool just makes you a bit of a tosser really. If youve said anything along the lines of "fool" "fools errand" or called me an idiot remove yourself from this thread before i report your comments to admin.

Absolute joke tbh

I think you meant, "piqued."

We're adamant that it won't work because we've all had high school physics. Many of us are old enough to have seen the absurd claims made over the decades BEFORE there was an Internet, where every single claim turned out to be false. Some of us might have engineering or other technical degrees and have been exposed to the laws of thermodynamics.

"Fool's errand" is a common term meaning, "a task or activity that has no hope of success." You were never called a fool or an idiot, at least not by me. You are engaging in a "fool's errand." Dial back the butt-hurt.

You don't own this thread. In fact, it's completely inappropriate to the forum in general. Reporting it will likely get the whole thread deleted, which would be the most appropriate course of action.

Seriously. Please report it.

Back