diy solar

diy solar

Solar Powered Smart Garden, off-grid Art studio, and off-grid Electric powertool shed, Modular Mobile power stations

Murphyslaww

This is my recently completed solar powered, microcontroller controlled smart garden drip watering setup.

https://blog.arduino.cc/2023/04/19/...-irrigate-your-garden-with-the-arduino-cloud/

Unexpectedly, my project, which is relatively simple made the Arduino Blog.

I have one or two more videos to do in the series, one, to go over the coding, and possibly one to just show how the drip watering system works, and issues I've had to stay on top of when building it.

I have a youtube channel chronicling my Solar and overall greening up efforts. We have an Enphase/Panasonic home system, and I've built two off grid systems, including a mini-split cooled, 1200 watt, LiFePO4 5kWh, she-shed art studio, and a Ryobi Themed tool/work shed with 600 watts, lithium ION, 1.3kwh DIY battery.
I've made a couple mobile solar generators, wit the Ryobi Link toolkit system as well, one, a 12v that I can run just about anything, up to my Rigid table saw, and a 24v system that mainly is used to power the Toolshed.

P1000046.JPG IMG_9763.JPG P1000125.JPG IMG_1344.JPG IMG_0450.JPG P1000148.JPG

Follow up projects will likely be an ATV electric conversion, and a 48v offgrid system to power a mini-split for the garage and charge our 2023 Ford Lightning.

Racingtogreen youtube channel

Anyway, Here is the Garden. It's been a great project, and Arduino is really doing a good job of bringing IOT monitoring and control to the masses. I'm no developer, and was able to make my way through figuring out most of it. Gives me some ideas for building my own SOC monitors, and other things that I might want to monitor/control from my phone.

IMG_3109.JPG

Arduino controller box.

IMG_3110.JPG IMG_3111.JPG

solenoid for gravity fed drip watering system from rain barrels.

70329515697__F12AC772-7225-4E69-A6DF-0B93D2DB7DEB.JPG

LOL. well... I'm not sure if I'm just not emotionally intelligent enough to tell, but my S/O hasn't bristled with it being called it, and I think she calls it that as well, and is a much more accomplished professional than I am...

Back