diy solar

diy solar

Solar Shed/Workshop: 100% Off Grid Ultra Simple 8x16 Shed Timelapse, Start to Finish

ADDvanced

Hey dudes! My name is Rob, and I used to document all my builds/adventures in forums, but after the great photobucket disaster, and having years if not decades of progress and learning wiped out, I decided to start documenting all my builds on youtube. I never run 'non skippable' ads, and I don't try to sell you anything, and I used to minor in video editing so hopefully they're entertaining to watch.

Anyway, so about a year ago I made the biggest gamble of my entire life: I refinanced our house, cash out (for harambe) and pulled the trigger on 1.5 acres in a small mountain town in Southwest Colorado. The thing is, we couldn't visit the land before purchasing, or even get good photos, as the land was under about 4' of snow, so we had no idea what kind of terrain or condition it was other than satellite images on Google Earth.

After that went through, we needed a place to stay, so I scoured the internet for the cheapest possible school bus conversion, which I'll post about at a later time. Anyway, after spending some time here, it quickly became apparent we needed a place to store a snowblower, additional solar energy storage, and power tools to build things out here since we're starting from scratch.

So, here is our 8x16 Shed Build, start to finish, mostly timelapses!

Cheers!

Video #2: The design and install of the solar system. What made this challenging for me was the climate, weather, and elevation are fairly extreme compared to a lot of builds, so trying to design around these problems resulted in a lot of overbuilding of the system, for most of the year.

Huge shoutout to this forum for helping answer all my dumb questions, in fact, I will mention this place next time I'm doing a video. Totally spaced in this one.

Back