diy solar

diy solar

Solar to Controller to Battery to ac200p?

JPLPS

Wanting to add more solar to keep the unit charged and limit our most days with what I am using. Can I have the solar go to a better MPPT controller, hook that to a battery and plug that into the AC200p or should I just go the other route and build a full system? I am using it in a shed; tools, pool pumps, most electronics in the back area of my property. The pool filter and salt water converter burn a ton of energy. I am trying to make it so it is completed operated on Solar, but there are days I have to plug in still because of the amount of watts coming in.

Wanting to add more solar to keep the unit charged and limit our most days with what I am using. Can I have the solar go to a better MPPT controller, hook that to a battery and plug that into the AC200p or should I just go the other route and build a full system? I am using it in a shed; tools, pool pumps, most electronics in the back area of my property. The pool filter and salt water converter burn a ton of energy. I am trying to make it so it is completed operated on Solar, but there are days I have to plug in still because of the amount of watts coming in.
Just curious if this was an option. Solar to charge controller to battery to inverter to AC200p?

OR, what is the best way to add more battery to this system while still being able to Solar Charge?

Just curious if this was an option. Solar to charge controller to battery to inverter to AC200p?

OR, what is the best way to add more battery to this system while still being able to Solar Charge?
There may be a way with the new B300 (3KWh) or B230 (2KWh) battery packs, but I haven't seen the exact way they are going to do this (believe it's supposed to be through a new module that they haven't made yet).

I've looked at the new AC300 that is supposed to be released today, but I'm leaning towards building my own for about the same cost with more capabilities.

For what I am using it for, I just seem to run out of battery by the end of the day so it may be time to build my own while still getting my moneys worth out of the ac200p. I may take a couple panels and hook them up to a 100ah Battery ($399 or less), then connecting that battery to the ac charger and plugging it into the ac input while still charging solar straight into the ac200p. It would charge solar at the same time as charging by ac. In theory, I gain from the ac charging while still maintaining solar charge capabilities.

For what I am using it for, I just seem to run out of battery by the end of the day so it may be time to build my own while still getting my moneys worth out of the ac200p. I may take a couple panels and hook them up to a 100ah Battery ($399 or less), then connecting that battery to the ac charger and plugging it into the ac input while still charging solar straight into the ac200p. It would charge solar at the same time as charging by ac. In theory, I gain from the ac charging while still maintaining solar charge capabilities.
There are some product review videos out for the AC300 today, so you might take a look at it.

(believe it's supposed to be through a new module that they haven't made yet).

I have one on order. Just wanted to let OP know as this might save $$ over addtl MPPT+battery

I found out that I have a faulty AC200p, it was not showing power coming in or out, power button no longer works, just basically died out. I am sending the unit back for either a full refund or a replacement. I haven't decided if I want to mess with another solar setup and just grab the refund and run; but I may add it to an existing solar system for a 5th wheel trailer (700w solar, 600ah batteries, 3000w gopower inverter) system that we use camping or use it in the garage (see below)

Meanwhile, I did set up a Growatt SPF3000TL and have been adding batteries and panels to that. Currently have 4-100w chin batteries (2 24w 200ah), 2-24w 200ah eg4s along with 1200watts in panels. I have 10-265W 60cell Black Poly Solar Panel by Jinko panels on a pallet coming in to supplement where needed. The system is tied to my ac power and I don't think I am running on the grid at anytime, so I am may run a dual Growatt inverter setup and run power to the garage to get the laundry, freezer/fridge, and everything else on battery/solar power. Just an update to the original post. I know I always enjoy it when there was follow up after some time.

Just remembered that I did order that D050S so I guess I may still get another AC200p unit as a supplement to the garage setup.

Back