diy solar

diy solar

Solar tracker system

solarbda

Hello.
My name is Bogdan. I’m the owner of a solar tracker, diy made but not by me.
Yesterday I had a problem, today same problem. The problem is, at local hour 12:45-12:50 it went to the north that much that fuse was disconnected, yesterday i was at home, i even try to put in protection mode and barely i got it somehow stopped and later i reseted it and worked as normal. Today seems to had the same issue as I found the fuse down and facing north at maximum. I don’t know where to check and what to check as after this hours seems to work ok, and the person who did it dosen’t answer the phone seems.
Any help will be highly apreciated.
Thank you

2 axis tracker (e-w, n-s)?

My first guess is that a sensor to detect the Sun is failing. A simple system is two sensors, it moves towards the sensor receiving more light, until they are balanced.

You should have a limiter to prevent movement to the point a fuse disconnects. Ideally a software limiter so it doesn't hit a hard stop.

I got the person who did this on phone. He said initially that because i do not leave the tracker to use his south inclination as it should ( because the aplacement dosent permit) and i somehow tricked it, and at the hours 12 -13 when is the peak of the sun power and the tracker should go on north, and because he stays somehow not on perfect south that is the reason that he goes to much on north. I hope i get myself understood

Back