diy solar

diy solar

Can Victron Multi RS Solar 2 Tracker Inverter/Charger be used on AC input only

bds70

Hi
Finally I won my argument relating to 'not fit for use' lifepo4 batteries. Getting a nearly full refund. So now I will be building a 48v lifepo4 battery for my motorhome. I am also changing to the Victron Multi RS Solar 2 Tracker Inverter/Charger 48v. I have access to both solar already installed, and an AC supply.

Can I connect my panels and my AC input, (either or both) and power all my appliances whilst I am waiting for my battery cells to arrive from China?

Hi
Finally I won my argument relating to 'not fit for use' lifepo4 batteries. Getting a nearly full refund. So now I will be building a 48v lifepo4 battery for my motorhome. I am also changing to the Victron Multi RS Solar 2 Tracker Inverter/Charger 48v. I have access to both solar already installed, and an AC supply.

Can I connect my panels and my AC input, (either or both) and power all my appliances whilst I am waiting for my battery cells to arrive from China?

No. The MPPT can't adjust quickly enough to support significant changes in loads. If you have relatively constant resistive loads, maybe.

I'd get 4 cheap 12v automotive batteries to use in the interim.

That's
No. The MPPT can't adjust quickly enough to support significant changes in loads. If you have relatively constant resistive loads, maybe.

I'd get 4 cheap 12v automotive batteries to use in the interim.
That's not a bad idea. What if I was only using the ac input?

Back