diy solar

diy solar

SOLD Radian GS8048A 8000 watt Inverter by Outback Power

glandpuck

Solar Enthusiast
For sale is a complete Outback Power system. Buy it all or individual components. Asking prices listed below. Items are a Radian GS8048A hybrid inverter, an Outback GSLC 120/240 175 PV with a built-in Outback Flexnet battery monitor and an added 80 amp breaker that directly supports 3 Flexmax 60 or 80 charge controllers. Available are 3 Flexmax 60 charge controllers, one Outback Hub 10.3 and an Outback Mate 3S. All items are updated to the latest firmware. All items were originally installed by a master electrician and carefully removed from service and cleaned. Displays on the Mate and charge controllers are perfect, without defects. Indoor use only. Installation in an enclosed area such as a garage, basement, shed, etc. The system was connected to the internet through the ethernet port on the back of the Mate 3S and then remote computer control is via the Outback Power Optics RE web server interface which allows for remote monitoring and control. The system is California Energy Commission certified and UL approved for connection to the grid. This inverter outputs 8,000 watts of 1 phase 120/240 volt power. Battery input is nominal 48 volts. Flexible time of use modes are supported to reduce grid usage during high rate periods. Supported batteries include flooded lead acid, AGM and lithium. Inverter modes include off-grid using PV and battery in a mix, backup of grid, support of low grid power, selling to the grid and generator. AC input by grid or generator is 240 volts at 50 amps. Pass through the inverter of grid power or generator is 12,000 watts. The inverter also contains an onboard 240 volt 30 amp battery charger which can use either grid or generator to charge batteries. The output power as well as voltage to charge and recharge the batteries is easily configurable to the desired amounts for your needs. The inverter is easily capable of parallel functioning by stacking additional inverters. The inverter is transformer-based and capable of starting heavy electrical loads using large inrush currents. I have personally started a 5 HP Delta Unisaw motor with this inverter. The GSLC load center connects directly to the bottom of the inverter to form a single one-piece configuration. The load center contains all of the buss bars and circuit breakers for the inverter, sub-panel, AC and generator inputs, bypass switches, battery breakers, charge controller breakers and GFI breakers. The charge controllers can be directly programmed independently of the other components of the system. They can act as stand-alone units to charge a battery bank from a PV array. Or, their output can be pooled to form a single larger charge controller via use of the Mate 3S and Optics RE. Taken together, the three charge controllers can supply up to 180 amps of power at voltages to charge and even equalize a 48 volt battery bank (approximately 10,000 watts of PV input is supported). The charge controllers can be remotely programmed via the Mate 3S and Optics RE. The Flexnet controller will report the amperage use of the battery system and report a state of charge level through colored LEDs on the load center or via display on the Mate 3S panel as a percentage as well as in Optics RE. It is very accurate with flooded batteries and AGM and will work with lithium batteries, but accuracy is more dependent on the brand, as most lithium batteries have their own battery manager. Outback printed manuals (the originals) and cables come with each piece of equipment. The inverter weight is 125 pounds. Local pickup can be arranged in San Diego county. Otherwise, it is suggested that it be shipped via freight or using a service such as Uship.com. For those new to Uship, this is a reliable service where you list your item to be shipped and and shippers bid to pick up and deliver your item using available cargo space they have on their existing travel routes. I have used this service and had excellent results and saved money. The other items such as Mate 3S, charge controllers, load center could be individually shipped by the common carriers such as UPS. I could ship for you out of the USA using USPS, UPS, etc.

I have many, many photos and closeups, too many to list on the site. If you send me a PM or an e-mail address of what you want to see, I can send a photo or even arrange a video call with you.
Outback Power Radian inverter is made in the USA, and with the load center is commercial grade. This is one of the best systems you can install for worry-free power.

ASKING PRICES:

RADIAN INVERTER GS8048A: $3,200.00
OUTBACK GSLC 120/240 175 PV 175 + 80 AMP 3RD BREAKER FOR CHARGER: $1,000.00
MATE 3S: $400.00
HUB 10.3: $225.00
FLEXMAX 60 CHARGE CONTROLLERS (3 AVAILABLE): $350.00 EACH OR ALL THREE FOR $1,000.00

OR BUY IT ALL FOR $5,500.00

Attachments

• system wall mounted 2.jpg
    system wall mounted 2.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
It's complicated, but has to do with NEM 3.0 in CA as well as rising electrical rates for time of use (TOU). Under NEM policy, we cannot add PV to our grid system or we lose our NEM 2.0 Our grid system does not support battery storage to offset TOU rates that are now over $1 in summertime. We are unable to replace these SMA grid tied inverters with a Radian system capable of adding battery storage because the system is installed outside and Radian is not a NEMA3 system. If we add off grid panels to our roof, we face losing our home owner's insurance. Lastly, our original flooded lead acid battery was ready for replacement and the person caring for the batteries was no longer interested in maintaining them over their new life span. Finally, solar dealers here only want UL9540a batteries and UL9540 inverters on new installs. So it just makes sense with 2 systems to have them both on the same inverters and batteries for future management. The original plan was to add lithium batteries to the Radian system (Radian plays nicely with Simpliphi, Pytes Ebox and more), but we had to rely on dealers to get changes done.

Updated my listing and posted asking prices. Please see the original post for detailed information.

RADIAN INVERTER GS8048A: $3,200.00

OUTBACK GSLC 120/240 175 PV 175 + 80 AMP 3RD BREAKER FOR CHARGER: $1,000.00

MATE 3S: $400.00

HUB 10.3: $225.00

FLEXMAX 60 CHARGE CONTROLLERS (3 AVAILABLE): $350.00 EACH OR ALL THREE FOR $1,000.00

OR BUY IT ALL FOR $5,500.00

All of these Outback Power components will be listed live on Ebay today at 5 PM eastern time. The Mate 3S is listed now. Respond through this forum or message me and you can buy direct if if I can cancel Ebay auction. You will also have other means to pay if you desire. I will discount prices for person's who mention they saw my thread on this forum and work to lower shipping prices. I am open to offers. Buy it all and have a great system, just add the panels and batteries. I only will ship to USA and Canada.

The Radian 8k is a pretty awesome inverter. I would like to have one some day. But I paid a bit less than 50% of retail for my Schneider and I'd expect the same for any other inverter that was used for years.

The Radian 8k is a pretty awesome inverter. I would like to have one some day. But I paid a bit less than 50% of retail for my Schneider and I'd expect the same for any other inverter that was used for years.
It seems as though the Radian may have a retail price of $6,096. But new units are selling commonly for $4200 to $4,600. Yes, its a great inverter. I am open to offers. You are stating that you would expect to pay $2,300 for this inverter (50%). I was unable to find on any used marketplace a clean Radian 8K inverter in that price range. This is a very small marketplace. Its not like used Radian's are selling by the hundreds like used cars. I do know that if you look on Ebay, my inverter posted there is the cleanest of them all and same for the GSLC. I would like to sell the inverter, GSLC, hub and Mate 3S all together, while the charge controllers can be stand alone. If you look at the cost of a new Radian 8K, loaded GSLC and Mate 3S, you are looking at about $6,350 plus any taxes and shipping. For my 3 components together, I am asking $4,600 plus any shipping. So if you have any real interest, PM me here and I am sure we can come to a fair arrangement. I hate to break apart the system unless that is how things play out.

Yeah the inverter used market is very small. To the right buyer they're worth a lot and without a right buyer they're not. Guy I bought mine from is still sitting on his other one 6 months later. That almost implies I overpaid.

I have a real interest but I don't enjoy trying to ship something this large between private parties so it would have to be if one of us was driving to the other's. I would like to visit san diego but probably in like May so if it was still around then we could talk.

It looks very cleanly maintained and I hope you find a buyer for it sooner than that if you'd like to.

Don't forget to account for 30% tax credit on new solar equipment, so 50% off new is not unreasonable.

Don't forget to account for 30% tax credit on new solar equipment, so 50% off new is not unreasonable.
Wasn't forgetting anything. If your in the market for Radian system with limited funds and a heavy duty motor to start, then this would be a good purchase. if you have unlimited resources then buy something new or otherwise. Again, I do not see any others in the marketplace that are for sale at a lower price in condition like this. If you know of any, point them out to me and I will adjust my asking price accordingly.

UPDATE NOVEMBER 17, 2023. SEVERAL ITEMS HAVE SOLD THROUGH EBAY. I HAVE NOW EDITED THE FOLLOWING TO SHOW REMAINING ITEMS FOR SALE AND PRICES.

Items are:

Radian GS8048A hybrid inverter
3 Flexmax 60 charge controllers.

All items are updated to the latest firmware. All items were originally installed by a master electrician and carefully removed from service and cleaned. Displays on charge controllers are perfect, without defects. Indoor use only. Installation in an enclosed area such as a garage, basement, shed, etc. The system is California Energy Commission certified and UL approved for connection to the grid. This inverter outputs 8,000 watts of 1 phase 120/240 volt power. Battery input is nominal 48 volts. Flexible time of use modes are supported to reduce grid usage during high rate periods. Supported batteries include flooded lead acid, AGM and lithium. Inverter modes include off-grid using PV and battery in a mix, backup of grid, support of low grid power, selling to the grid and generator. AC input by grid or generator is 240 volts at 50 amps. Pass through the inverter of grid power or generator is 12,000 watts. The inverter also contains an onboard 240 volt 30 amp battery charger which can use either grid or generator to charge batteries.

The inverter is easily capable of parallel functioning by stacking additional inverters. The inverter is transformer-based and capable of starting heavy electrical loads using large inrush currents. I have personally started a 5 HP Delta Unisaw motor with this inverter.

The charge controllers can be directly programmed independently of the other components of the system. They can act as stand-alone units to charge a battery bank from a PV array. Or, their output can be pooled to form a single larger charge controller via use of the Mate 3S and Optics RE (now purchased separately). Taken together, the three charge controllers can supply up to 180 amps of power at voltages to charge and even equalize a 48 volt battery bank (approximately 10,000 watts of PV input is supported). The charge controllers can be remotely programmed via the Mate 3S and Optics RE. Outback printed manuals (the originals) and cables come with each piece of equipment. The inverter weight is 125 pounds. Local pickup can be arranged in San Diego county. Otherwise, it is suggested that it be shipped via freight or using a service such as Uship.com or FedEx ground.The charge controllers, load center could be individually shipped by the common carriers such as UPS. I could ship for you out of the USA using USPS, UPS, etc.

I have many, many photos and closeups, too many to list on the site. If you send me a PM or an e-mail address of what you want to see, I can send a photo or even arrange a video call with you.
Outback Power Radian inverter is made in the USA, and with the load center is commercial grade. This is one of the best systems you can install for worry-free power.

ASKING PRICES:

RADIAN INVERTER GS8048A: $3,200.00 (shipping not included)
FLEXMAX 60 CHARGE CONTROLLERS (3 AVAILABLE): $255.00 EACH OR ALL THREE FOR $750.00 (shipping not included)

OR BUY IT ALL FOR $3,800.00

UPDATE: 11/20/2023. The Flexmax charge controllers have been sold. Remaining is an Outback Radian GS8048A inverter in excellent condition. This is a hybrid inverter and on current firmware. These are low frequency transformer inverters. NEMA 1, not for outdoor installation. AC input and gen input is 50 amps, 240 volts. Actual photos of unit shown. Made in USA. Clean and ready to install. Original manuals included.

RADIAN INVERTER GS8048A: $3,200.00 (shipping not included)

Attachments

• 20231021_085923.jpg
    20231021_085923.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231026_143950.jpg
    20231026_143950.jpg
    726.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20231025_121812.jpg
    20231025_121812.jpg
    580.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20231026_143823.jpg
    20231026_143823.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20231026_144243.jpg
    20231026_144243.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 20231026_150406.jpg
    20231026_150406.jpg
    975.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231026_150412.jpg
    20231026_150412.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 20231026_150401.jpg
    20231026_150401.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 5
  • system wall mounted 3.jpg
    system wall mounted 3.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 8
May I ask if you’ve been successful getting your GS8048 sold?
I have lowered the price to $2,800 plus flat rate $170 for shipping on Ebay. Search:

Outback Power, Inverter/Charger, Radian, 8KW, 48V, 120/240V, (UL1741-SA)

If you want to buy it outside of Ebay and Paypal fees you could save some money. This is only piece I have left and it is in excellent condition.

I have lowered the price to $2,800 plus flat rate $170 for shipping on Ebay. Search:

Outback Power, Inverter/Charger, Radian, 8KW, 48V, 120/240V, (UL1741-SA)

If you want to buy it outside of Ebay and Paypal fees you could save some money. This is only piece I have left and it is in excellent condition.
Thank you. I will see you on Ebay. Have a great evening.

Back