diy solar

diy solar

solis 3.6kw hybrid inverter Battery Setting

Only set battery to discharge if you are being paid £££ to send it to the grid.

Only set battery to discharge if you are being paid £££ to send it to the grid.
I get a small amount 15p per kwh so if there was anything left towards the end of the day I was thinking to export a smallish amount to cover the standing charge.

OK - I see. Yes, it should stop discharging at the overdischarge SOC value. But, the Solis will continue to draw about 30W from the battery (if no PV) to keep it running. When the forcecharge SOC is reached, it will import from grid to top it back up a few %.

OK - I see. Yes, it should stop discharging at the overdischarge SOC value. But, the Solis will continue to draw about 30W from the battery (if no PV) to keep it running. When the forcecharge SOC is reached, it will import from grid to top it back up a few %.
another problem, Would you have any idea as to why my battery keeps turning off? it's fine when it is discharging during the day but when it goes down to 20% it turns off. Is there a setting that I can change to make it stay on as it does not wake up to charge

Sorry, not familiar with your battery. I guess you'd need to re-configure the BMS to prevent it from turning off.

Sorry, not familiar with your battery. I guess you'd need to re-configure the BMS to prevent it from turning off.
Happy New Year, OK thank you, it's a pace bms, I have changed a few settings on it and have just changed the pack full charged voltage to 53.40 as that is what the inverter is saying when it is fully charged and have set the sleep battery voltage a bit lower but it still turned of so i'm not sure what other setting to change, the issue why it turns of is becuase the inverter says BMS status, low battery so I would assume it turns the battery of to prevent any damage, I have it set at the moment at 23% which I can live with it just seems odd as to why it won't go down any lower. Looking at the usage of the battery it does look like it is using the battery down lower than 23% but it isn't displaying it if that makes sense. The battery is in use between 05:30 and 23:30 then it charges while the EV is charging

Attachments

• battery bms.jpg
    battery bms.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 5
I don't think the Solis has any ability to turn the battery off itself.

I suspect (from discussions with others about the pace bms) that the pace BMS is detecting too low a draw of current from the Solis once the Solis's overdischarge_SOC value is reached. When that happens the Solis will be drawing only about 30W from the battery. But the Pace thinks it is no longer needed and powers down when less than about 700mA is drawn.

The fix, I understand, is to get a firmware update from pace so that it can detect lower current thresholds and not power down.

What should happen is once the overdischarge_SOC is reached the battery will continue to power the Solis.

Then, if the ForceCharge_SOC value is reached, the Solis will charge the battery up a few % from the grid. That way, the Solis will never turn off.

I don't think the Solis has any ability to turn the battery off itself.

I suspect (from discussions with others about the pace bms) that the pace BMS is detecting too low a draw of current from the Solis once the Solis's overdischarge_SOC value is reached. When that happens the Solis will be drawing only about 30W from the battery. But the Pace thinks it is no longer needed and powers down when less than about 700mA is drawn.

The fix, I understand, is to get a firmware update from pace so that it can detect lower current thresholds and not power down.

What should happen is once the overdischarge_SOC is reached the battery will continue to power the Solis.

Then, if the ForceCharge_SOC value is reached, the Solis will charge the battery up a few % from the grid. That way, the Solis will never turn off.
would you happen to know where I can download that from? I have tried https://www.pacebms.com/en/ but that site doesn't seem to work

email Pace support, give them details of current firmware and ask for latest version to be emailed.

My Quad9 DNS server is blocking access to that pace website, this is normally due to the site harbouring hacker files. Could be a false positive but be safe and ask via email.

T
email Pace support, give them details of current firmware and ask for latest version to be emailed.

My Quad9 DNS server is blocking access to that pace website, this is normally due to the site harbouring hacker files. Could be a false positive but be safe and ask via email.
Thanks I used a vpn and set it to China and that let me go onto their website I have emailed them the serial number so hopefully they will provide an updated firmware

I can only say that Pace support are toally useless, they refuse point blank to send an updated firmware as they say, only the buyer have the right to update the information about the bms, so back to square one with the battery keep shutting down and turning the inverter off

I can only say that Pace support are toally useless, they refuse point blank to send an updated firmware as they say, only the buyer have the right to update the information about the bms, so back to square one with the battery keep shutting down and turning the inverter off
Can't you contact your supplier then?

diy solar

diy solar
Back