diy solar

diy solar

Solis Cloud - Graphical Usage changes

shoey79

Hello!

I currently use a Solis Hybrid Inverter for my panel setup, all working fine that end.

I noticed a few days ago that they updated my view so changed the graphic that shows Solar/Grid/Battery/Usage but as a lot of my usage is actually on the AC Backup side, this is now giving odd figures that don't add up.

Attached is my "Current View" which used to show a TOTAL consumption within the graphic, now it's just showing the house usage and not my Backup load usage.

I asked Solis about this and they said there is no AC Backup "Circle" but I've seen on this forum that this is not the case, as is with the "Expected View" attached that I found here. I've seen at least 3 other examples on this forum that show otherwise.

Does anyone know how to get this view enabled? I'm still chasing Solis Support but thought I'd check here too in case I'm missing something simple.

Thanks

Attachments

• Current View.PNG
    Current View.PNG
    34.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Expected View.PNG
    Expected View.PNG
    55.4 KB · Views: 28
Let me know when you find out. I've only got a test load on my backup port until I can get it wired in properly, but I'd like to see it showing on the diagrams.

Hello!

I currently use a Solis Hybrid Inverter for my panel setup, all working fine that end.

I noticed a few days ago that they updated my view so changed the graphic that shows Solar/Grid/Battery/Usage but as a lot of my usage is actually on the AC Backup side, this is now giving odd figures that don't add up.

Attached is my "Current View" which used to show a TOTAL consumption within the graphic, now it's just showing the house usage and not my Backup load usage.

I asked Solis about this and they said there is no AC Backup "Circle" but I've seen on this forum that this is not the case, as is with the "Expected View" attached that I found here. I've seen at least 3 other examples on this forum that show otherwise.

Does anyone know how to get this view enabled? I'm still chasing Solis Support but thought I'd check here too in case I'm missing something simple.

Thanks
Your lucky... mine has never shown the yield since it was installed. I have to use my Foxess app to find that out

The numbers it's giving appear to be about 99% accurate in terms of usage etc when comparing against the numbers on the smart meter.

I'm still waiting for a response from the support team, they asked for my Inverter Serial Number but not much since. My computers are on the backup circuit and takes a chunk of the consumed power up so I want to see this on the graphical display.

If I ever get an answer I'll post here, unless someone here already knows.

Just for completeness, Solis came back still claiming there is no AC Backup Side display, despite sending them proof otherwise and just closed my ticket. Rather useless to be honest. Why would they change the display the show less information...at least before it showed all power usage...not it's showing just 25% of what my house consumes. I've started piping in the data to Home Assistant now anyway so can create my own graphs etc.

I have the same issue as of a few days ago, all my loads are backup side but not showing correctly on the graphic, the figures are about right.
though

It's not just graphical. I really do not have Backup A/C power. Just now, to demonstrate another 'quirk' of the inverter to a colleague, I tripped the grid CB and everything went off !!!!
On the plus side the quirk I was demonstrating went away. That was the inverter only drawing from the PV (550w) what it needed to supply to the load (500w), even though the PV was generating 1800w, and not delivering any charge to the battery. I had noticed that when there was a grid fault and the grid disconnected that the PV power would go to what was expected and deliver the surplus to the battery and when the fault cleared the quirk would be back.

EDIT, for completeness sake I tripped the CB again and lo, I have backup a/c power. So it would seem it is just a graphical glitch, I am beginning to hate this inverter.

Last edited:
My power tripped last week and I had a alarm the next day on my inverter, with the reason given as hide whatever that means

Today I got an update on my iPad and the display is as normal, but on my phone it’s still with the usage on the grid side of the inverter.
I looked in the App Store but it shows only the original apps.

I also had the same grid side pic in the cloud, i suspect they rolled some update out, and quickly "unrolled it". Let hope for an update soooooon!
Cheers
Stu

both my displays phone and iPad have gone back to normal, would be better if they inform people of a bug and they’ll rectify it.

Can confirm displays are now sensible again although I'd take the values it reports as indication rather than an accurate measurement.

The numbers are correct here, but it looks to be reporting apparent power rather than real power. Try with a resistive load and see if the numbers look correct.

The numbers are correct here, but it looks to be reporting apparent power rather than real power. Try with a resistive load and see if the numbers look correct.
My first question to that is how do you know. Do you have independent calibrated instruments measuring all the parameters. I doubt Solis intended the readings to be any other than an indication, I would think +/-10%. Indeed there is a lengthy discussion that reveals at least one parameter is off by a factor of 4, you can read it here https://diysolarforum.com/threads/s...-not-stopping-discharge-at-defined-soc.48064/ I haven't had my inverter up and running for long and I'm still analysing the data but so far I've formed the opinion that the firmware is pretty shoddy but that opinion may well change as I delve deeper.

My first question to that is how do you know. Do you have independent calibrated instruments measuring all the parameters. I doubt Solis intended the readings to be any other than an indication, I would think +/-10%. Indeed there is a lengthy discussion that reveals at least one parameter is off by a factor of 4, you can read it here https://diysolarforum.com/threads/s...-not-stopping-discharge-at-defined-soc.48064/ I haven't had my inverter up and running for long and I'm still analysing the data but so far I've formed the opinion that the firmware is pretty shoddy but that opinion may well change as I delve deeper.
Yes I measured numbers which correlated to this.
There is the firmware update that fixes the battery current parameter - I'm on the latest 470044 as I did see the issue with incorrect numbers on the earlier version, though this was just an issue with the reporting rather than actually affecting the operation of the battery.

Back