diy solar

diy solar

Source for Relays for BMS8T

onemorebattery what a fantastic thread I started to read all your post to learn as much as i can.
please help with the following I plan on setting two 16s bank then parallel them to make a 400ah lifepo battery.
my issue has been the contactor/relay I bought 4 now how do I connect it for 48 volts do I need a step down voltage from 48 to 12 volts?
do I need 4 for the 2 banks ? one for the charge one for the discharge? sorry lots of questions

onemorebattery what a fantastic thread I started to read all your post to learn as much as i can.
please help with the following I plan on setting two 16s bank then parallel them to make a 400ah lifepo battery.
my issue has been the contactor/relay I bought 4 now how do I connect it for 48 volts do I need a step down voltage from 48 to 12 volts?
do I need 4 for the 2 banks ? one for the charge one for the discharge? sorry lots of questions

Yes. You will need a 48/12 stepdown and one or two relays and one relay module per BMS. You can make four 24 volt batteries with BMS8T and go series/parallel or you can make two 48 volt batteries with BMS16T and parallel them. The relay drivers are 12 volts on both BMS8T and BMS16T. The relay wiring is the same except on the diagram where it shows a 24 volt battery bank yours would be 48 volts.

thank you for the quick reply I looked for the pcb you had in your post I saw a four channel one i put in in my basket for now.
the BMS I was leaning at the chargery I posted a message for a few questions no reply yet, the question was in the manual I saw two of them in series
I'm clear on the 48 volts step down I have one in my basket i already have 4 of those I'm really leaning toward the Batrium bms blockmon with 32 cel monitor, I would like to save the money in go for the chargery, but i need to be clear.
one last question you mentioned (one or two relays and one relay module per BMS. ) i'm confuse please clarify

thank you for the quick reply I looked for the pcb you had in your post I saw a four channel one i put in in my basket for now.
the BMS I was leaning at the chargery I posted a message for a few questions no reply yet, the question was in the manual I saw two of them in series
I'm clear on the 48 volts step down I have one in my basket i already have 4 of those I'm really leaning toward the Batrium bms blockmon with 32 cel monitor, I would like to save the money in go for the chargery, but i need to be clear.
one last question you mentioned (one or two relays and one relay module per BMS. ) i'm confuse please clarify

The relay controller setup I posted applies to the Chargery BMS. You may not need any relays or driver boards with a different BMS.

It is possible to not need relays with the Chargery dependingg on your SCC and inverter what are your planned components

I have 2 4448pae inverter pt 100 charge controller 32 calb battery lifep04 mpsl 175 that is the panel to mount the dual inverter.
I have 4 contactor, I have one chagery for now 16t and I plan on ordering another one
I can provide a detail list if you need me to

[U][LEFT][B][SIZE=4][FONT=Segoe UI][COLOR=rgb(24, 88, 134)]onemorebattery[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT][/U] Looking at attach picture I can see that you are driving the one contactor for the charge and discharge using the pcba so drive the signal, did I make afooll of myself or am'i right?
second do you a schematic for a dual contactor one for the input and the output? I bought the 48 volts to 12 volts step down, I only have the relay left
to purchase I have the 4 port version in my basket, please feedback

You don't need a four port version. For two contactors run 12v+ through NO1/COM1 and NO2/COM2 separately to each coil+.

So far the best combination I've found for a Chargery relay setup is these two gismos. Everything you need to run one contactor for common port (by wiring the relay controller NO contacts in series to one relay) or two contactors. Plus you get an extra controller for cooling fans or whatever. Lowest operating current and the coolest running of everything I have tested. Probably my final setup.

The parts:

I bought two of the contactors and they looked new. I run the relay module because in some cases current energizing two contactors causes the Chargery to reboot.

The hold current for the entire setup is 157 mA. Runs cool (barely warm) tested to 100 amps.

Since the module does the switching logic for both Chargery relay outputs common charge/discharge setups can use just one contactor for both charge/discharge and temperature protection cases.

I wired the Chargery relay wires to the high triggers and common and brought 12 v in from my stepdown to power the controller and the contactor coil.

Diagram for common port single relay

View attachment 13830

For two contactors run 12v+ through NO1/COM1 and NO2/COM2 separately to each coil+.
sorry to bother you i'm plague with the vusual bug, do you have a similar layout for the 2 contactor approach as above?

POSTING UPDATE from ( page-3#post-67469 ) reference to Dongya Relays.

That post mentions the DH200 series which is the incorrect one for this type of application. I ordered & received two, to only realize that I made a mistake and that these were Uni-directional and not energy savers, although lower power consumption that the Electro-Mechanical Contactors as used with the Chargery BMS'. I have since ordered two DHV200AAANH relays to test within my production setup. They are expected to arrive June 2nd and will likely be in operation by June 8th.

The correct Relay information is as follows, with attached info sheet & image.
The DHV200AAANH is non-polarized, bi-directional, energy saver type:
V
stands for non-polarized
200 stands for rated current 200A
The first A: main contact normally open (stud type)
The second A: coil voltage 9V-36V
The third A stands for coil wire length is 390mm
N stands for not with coil terminal connector
H stands for install method is Horizontal

Website & Ordering information here: https://en.cndongya.com/ or Https://www.dc-contactors.com
IMPORTANT NOTE READ THIS ! :
These are not shown on the website and this company does not typically sell small orders. Sample orders can be done.
Because these are not normally stocked, there is lead time for assembly but they can also be made in 200, to 500 + Amp models as well. Priced accordingly of course.
You will have to use their Contact Page and request a quote for the specific relay. See the attached Specifications document which breaks down the details. Be VERY CLEAR to State " non-polarized, bi-directional, energy saver type "

View attachment 14325
Just seeing if you have an update on testing of these relay?

I used a pair of the DHV's (Bi-Directional) when comparing them with the TE/Kilovac EVE200's they were fine & performed identically. But I am now using the Chargery DCC's (Solid State), which is quite a different beasty, much less power use.

Back