diy solar

diy solar

Spare panels

Jack Rabbit Off Grid

Solar Enthusiast
How many people here have spare panels?

I already own 10 matching panels that are running my house. I found what I thought was a smoking deal on a full pallet of the same panels 33 total. So I bought them. my plan it to double my array size to 20 total panels and sell the rest to a friend 23 total. Should I keep one or two as spares?

One day. Not today. But one day.

We can throw up extra panels wherever and connect them to our main panels using micro inverters.

A little boost here. A little boost there. And shade on those afternoon sunny walls.

One day. Not today. But one day.

We can throw up extra panels wherever and connect them to our main panels using micro inverters.

A little boost here. A little boost there. And shade on those afternoon sunny walls.
You can do that today. If you wanted to.

Yes. Enphase is pretty tough to work with though.

I’m hoping the Hoymiles that Todd has mentioned will work more easily. More flip phone than iphone.

But if there is an easier way you know of, I’m all ears.

@ncsolarelectric

I have zero experience with micro inverters. But, from what I understand. They're all pretty much plug and play. And as long as your load is always greater than what they are producing, there's no issues to deal with. Otherwise, you have to deal with frequency shifting or a NM agreement. (Not interested in either of those headaches)
But, if I can get a few really cheap. I might play around with them.

I have one, but only because I can't be bothered to put it up. The ones I have up (on the roof) are producing more than enough for my needs.

r2.jpg

If I ever needed some, like they got stolen (unlikely), I can get new ones at the hardware shop half an hour from here, really good ones, for like €0.36/kW.
-

I have one, but only because I can't be bothered to put it up. The ones I have up (on the roof) are producing more than enough for my needs.

If I ever needed some, like they got stolen (unlikely), I can get new ones at the hardware shop half an hour from here, really good ones, for like €0.36/kW.
-
That's more than 2X the Hoymiles quad-microinverters. @timselectric, you wanted inexpensive micros? The spec is 1918W AC from 4 solar panels and an MPPT range from 16-60V. Got big panels or just hate clipping? These are the inverters for you!

Attachments

• Datasheet_HMS-160018002000-4T-NA_EN_V202201-2.pdf
    364.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Datasheet_HMS-7008009001000-2T_NA_EN_V202201-2.pdf
    290.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back