diy solar

diy solar

Spend the money on victron or keep my Epever 150/100??

brandonboosted

how many guys running the epever solar controllers? I bought the 150/100 controller and started reading about a lot of people having issues down the road. The other controller I’m considering is the 250/100 Victron. This controller will be in my house and I don’t want to take any chances with fires or issues down the road. Also the 250v would allow me to add 2 more panels and run higher voltage without having to add a second controller. I also started messing with parameters on the epever and so far it is very glitchy. Thoughts anyone? My setup is 6x 320w panels 9.5A, 560ah 24v prismatic cells with 250a daly bms. Thank you.

how many guys running the epever solar controllers? I bought the 150/100 controller and started reading about a lot of people having issues down the road. The other controller I’m considering is the 250/100 Victron. This controller will be in my house and I don’t want to take any chances with fires or issues down the road. Also the 250v would allow me to add 2 more panels and run higher voltage without having to add a second controller. I also started messing with parameters on the epever and so far it is very glitchy. Thoughts anyone? My setup is 6x 320w panels 9.5A, 560ah 24v prismatic cells with 250a daly bms. Thank you.
I would go with the victron 250/100.
I have had 2 of the epever 150/100 stopp working on me since Aug of 21. Epever did replace the first one in Dec of 21. There would be no indication of anything wrong, I walked into the shed and the screen and mt50 were blank as if no power. Battery is connected and 53volts at the terminals of the epever. Second epever went out yesterday.

My experience is the epever lasts about 4 months. I just bought not yet received the victron 150/100.
Hope this helps.
Eric

I do not know about epever equipment, but I changed my equipment from MPP AIO to all Victron and wish I had started with Victron. Victron units all play together well and are more efficient than other equipment, Also Victron has a community forum full of great information and help.

Back