diy solar

diy solar

srne all in one questions

jorvelazquez3

Hello everyone, I have a SRNE HF2433u80-H 120v, bought from ali express. I have been trying to get information but so far its been a bit hard. I have several questions and hope someone on the forum could maybe share some light.

This inverter will only charge the battery if the switch for the inverter is on the On position, is this normal?
While connected to the AC In, it still wont charge the batteries unless the inverter switch is on the On position, again is this normal?
What should be the proper settings for this unit?

I suspect there is something wrong with this unit, so trying to rule this out.

The android app smartess for this unit shows only battery usage, PV only shows 0% which is very odd..

The unit is set to charge with utility / main at the moment been trying to get a proper setting to work, but so far nothing unless the inverter switch is on the On position

I also have a PowMr which is basically a twin of this unit minus colors, and it does charge with the switch on the Off position... are SRNE always needed to put on the ON ?

This is backed by 6 430 panels, wired in series as this unity max Voc is at 500v, and minimum is around 125v if remember correctly.

Some clarification. Are you asking about charging from PV when the AIO's on/off switch is in the off position? Turning off the switch turns off the AC in from grid power. It disables the inverter though it should not disable the MPPT SCC charging function. At least it does not on other SRNE inverters that are similar.

The unit can only charge from utility when the switch is on and it is in AC bypass operation.

precisely @Mattb4 , interesting, yeah turning it off , renders useless the unit as it remains active but no charge is seen

the unit does charge from utility when the switch is on, and from solar when the switch is on.

So maybe i have a problem with the MPPT functionality of the unit, how to test if its bad just to be 100% sure apart from the : unit wont charge with solar unless the switch is On

You should be able to check that the SCC portion is working OK by having the switch on and observing if you are getting normal wattage from your PV and that the batteries charge.

You can also restrict charging to only solar by setting config item 6 to “OSO” (“only solar”). Then if you see charging you can be sure it’s PV.

Hi! I am planning to buy HF2430-S80 (the product title reading HF2433 is wrong). Does MPPT charging work with the power button off, after all? Thanks!

Back