diy solar

diy solar

SRNE ASF 10k inverter

Wow you are good. I was supposed to use a post connector. I do not have any that big. Ended up soldering them. There is more but I will leave it at that. Lol they should be fine. I got a message from them. They want to know settings. Will get them to them.

Well I do not want to get too excited but I think they have the ground thing worked out. I took AC Voltage to well everywhere and they all read correctly. I have a bunch of pictures but will show the neutral to ground and neutral to chassis ground and a split phase. But they all look good. Let me know if I need to be careful of anything else… I will say the pre charge on this thing was crazy. After a spark or 2 I set up the breaker and used a resister and a couple of jumpers. It finally charged up and turned the breaker on. Oh and here is a post of the display. Now I am curious about the grid tie… View attachment 118946View attachment 118947View attachment 118948View attachment 118949
Did you tried it already if it can also do grid tie?

SRNE quoted me 1250usd to my door, now i just need to find out if yours is good to go. Hopefully you gets some answers back soon with your issues.
That is a pretty good price for a 240v split phase setup sent to the US. Was your quote from SRNE? I notice they don't list prices just an ask for quote button on this unit. Incidentally how was payment made?

That is a pretty good price for a 240v split phase setup sent to the US. Was your quote from SRNE? I notice they don't list prices just an ask for quote button on this unit. Incidentally how was payment made?
That is what i thought, 1020 for inverter and 230 DHL shipping. I have not ordered yet, I was actually holding off to see how Jims is working out for him. This is off of Alibaba, I have imported several things off of there never had a problem.

That is what i thought, 1020 for inverter and 230 DHL shipping. I have not ordered yet, I was actually holding off to see how Jims is working out for him. This is off of Alibaba, I have imported several things off of there never had a problem.
Looked around and found the 8000w version on Alibaba listed at $1200 without mention of shipment costs. Cheaper in bulk so perhaps a US company will start selling them under their label like Midnight Solar does with the 3kw and 5kw SRNE made ones they have.

Might just have to ask for a quote from SRNE. Though probably it will be next Spring before I will be in the market for a upgrade to my present system.

I went through allí express. I asked Alibaba but he never responded back to me. Oh well.

So quick update. I have 2 x 200 amp panels one has most of the big stuff. The other is mostly lights and receptacles it is fed through the first. The main is even before those. I back-fed to the second panel with a 6/3 wire and 60 amp breaker from the inverter. I also have a 30 amp generator line from the first panel to a generator plug next to the inverter that I now have into the inverter from the first panel. So in short I created an ups from the first panel through the inverter to the second panel. There is a breaker at the first panel and a disconnect at the second panel. So far it seems to be working great. I started with just the batteries running it. I then switched on the breaker from the first panel and it went right to bypass mode. Note even a flicker. The ground issue seems to be gone. It is reading the correct voltages even to ground. I turned all the lights and fans on and it was only a few amps. I need to move the fridges to the second panel. I am going to turn the main off to the first panel tomorrow and then back feed from the second panel to the first. Will load test it for sure. Will keep you posted.

So that may not make a lot of sense what I am doing. It is 2 fold. We have a lot of power outages and even more power flickers. We also have the occasional hurricane and lose power for a few days. My wife always complains she loses work when we have the flickers. So I want an ups all the time. Be able to run the house when we have a little longer power outage or a hurricane. This might actually work.

Sorry but I am not understanding what your setup is. Perhaps a flow diagram would help. Did you establish whether the SRNE bonds NG?

I will try to sketch something but had an update. I did a partial load test. I switched the house off grid and on batteries ?. It did ok. It did brown out a little when both 2.5 ton ac’s kicked on at the same time. But held. I also did the coffee pot, microwave, some lights, tv etc. It showed .9 kw on one leg and 1.3 on the other. Might have been more ant one point. I also had I think 156 amps on my 285 amp hour (supposed to have been 310 amp hour) grade “A” ? batteries. There was a pretty good voltage sag on the batteries. Even with 2/0 cables. I have 460 amp hour 48 volt worth of new (no really) batteries coming from Daisy Efest from Docan. That will be a whole separate thread of should I use them all or only the new good ones. I wonder if the bad ones will drag the others down a little. E6B38B22-8DDB-4857-AE79-8048557065F9.jpeg

Sorry for the bad hand writing. Those are the 2 scenarios. Right now I am ok with the UPS one.

Oh and the bond ground. There are 2 wires coming off the neutral. The ground seems to be the case only. Once I hooked up the full panel it seemed to be ok. Voltages are all correct both on battery or bypass. Not that worried as long as it works. I looked at Will’s videos and a bunch of posts. As long as there is no magic blue smoke I am happy…

Last edited:
Sorry for the bad hand writing. Those are the 2 scenarios. Right now I am ok with the UPS one.

Oh and the bond ground. There are 2 wires coming off the neutral. The ground seems to be the case only. Once I hooked up the full panel it seemed to be ok. Voltages are all correct both on battery or bypass. Not that worried as long as it works. I looked at Will’s videos and a bunch of posts. As long as there is no magic blue smoke I am happy…
Hey Jim any update, you still liking the inverter? also on the inverter does it have the ports for parallel connection or did they not add those? I know currently this inverter does not support parallel but they claim it will next year. Just wondering if they will update the firmware to make this function work

So that may not make a lot of sense what I am doing. It is 2 fold. We have a lot of power outages and even more power flickers. We also have the occasional hurricane and lose power for a few days. My wife always complains she loses work when we have the flickers. So I want an ups all the time. Be able to run the house when we have a little longer power outage or a hurricane. This might actually work.
Thanks for all of your testing and posts!!! I'm pretty interested even though I should probably just be looking at a 5k unit.

If your "wife is losing work", you should be putting a pure sine wave UPS in, imo... Then get fancy with the structure power without interrupting her workflow.

(good sale)

And I got a laugh out of your wife not wanting to lose time on the clocks!!! We definitely don't use AC hz driven clocks very much here, fortunately newer appliances usually let you blank the screen instead of the time display.

Hey Jim any update, you still liking the inverter? also on the inverter does it have the ports for parallel connection or did they not add those? I know currently this inverter does not support parallel but they claim it will next year. Just wondering if they will update the firmware to make this function work
I am not sure about parallel. I do not believe so but it is hybrid so maybe it senses the power and parallels automatically. I have wondered a couple of time just not read into it.

Thanks for all of your testing and posts!!! I'm pretty interested even though I should probably just be looking at a 5k unit.

If your "wife is losing work", you should be putting a pure sine wave UPS in, imo... Then get fancy with the structure power without interrupting her workflow.

(good sale)

And I got a laugh out of your wife not wanting to lose time on the clocks!!! We definitely don't use AC hz driven clocks very much here, fortunately newer appliances usually let you blank the screen instead of the time display.
I have a cyber power pure sine ups it still only works for a short time. This really makes it indefinite with the 30kw batteries on that light load panel. Lol. When in doubt use a bigger hammer. ?

Purchased on AliExpress. SRNE was responsive and shipped fast. DHL was horrible, it took 12 days for them to put it on a truck from the airport (DFW).

Received today. Running pool pump from 230AH battery. Will add solar tomorrow and send an update.

So far I like it

Attachments

• 20221122_170505.jpg
    20221122_170505.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 20221122_170511.jpg
    20221122_170511.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20221122_170514.jpg
    20221122_170514.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20221122_170518.jpg
    20221122_170518.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 50
  • DHL.png
    DHL.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Purchased on AliExpress. SRNE was responsive and shipped fast. DHL was horrible, it took 12 days for them to put it on a truck from the airport (DFW).

Received today. Running pool pump from 230AH battery. Will add solar tomorrow and send an update.

So far I like it
How did it go with this inverter?
Has it been reliable???
Does it really give 10 kw correctly?

No issues to report. It has been in continuous operation since my original post. Currently it is supplying a 1.5hp pool pump and 4 ton / 14seer condensing unit (surestart equipped) and a few other small loads.

No issues to report. It has been in continuous operation since my original post. Currently it is supplying a 1.5hp pool pump and 4 ton / 14seer condensing unit (surestart equipped) and a few other small loads.
Are you using it wired to provide IOS power when grid goes down or wired for off-grid?

I’m interested in this inverter and would appreciate any more detail you can provide on how you have it wired, what functionality you have it programmed for, and what average and peak power levels you have excercised…

Are you using it wired to provide IOS power when grid goes down or wired for off-grid?

I’m interested in this inverter and would appreciate any more detail you can provide on how you have it wired, what functionality you have it programmed for, and what average and peak power levels you have excercised…
Off grid. I have not tested any grid tied functions.

The pool pump runs 8 hours a day. The ac 3-6 hours.
Starlink 24/7. Solar assistant 24/7. Lights, various low wattage chargers, and tools as needed.

Battery settings:
USER
CV 56
FLOAT 54

Off grid. I have not tested any grid tied functions.
Thanks. By ‘off-grid’ do you mean there is no grid connection to AC input or grid is connected but only used to supply power when battery is drained and there is no solar power available?
The pool pump runs 8 hours a day. The ac 3-6 hours.
Starlink 24/7. Solar assistant 24/7. Lights, various low wattage chargers, and tools as needed.
Any estimate of the peak output power it’s supplying?
Battery settings:
USER
CV 56
FLOAT 54
Most interested to understand how you’ve got it configured to handle power delivery once the battery is drained…

Your AC should consume a peak of about 6kW and you 1.5HP motor should consume only 1.1kW once running but could easily consume 4-5kW of startup surge.

So if your pump ever turns on when your AC is running, that’s a pretty strong endorsement of over 7kW continuous and 10-11kW of startup surge capability.

Color me impressed - it sounds like this budget AIO hybrid can actually deliver close to stated spec.

diy solar

diy solar
Back