diy solar

diy solar

Standby consumption of Deye 8kw hybrid inverter

Mikenr

Hi there, wondering if anyone knows how much power the Deye 8kw uses when it's idle - I asked a reseller and they said 'quite a lot' - not really helpful when designing my new system.

Also any thoughts on using one of these to charge my EV at 7.4kw when there is enough sun?

Many thanks! :)(y)

Hi there, wondering if anyone knows how much power the Deye 8kw uses when it's idle - I asked a reseller and they said 'quite a lot' - not really helpful when designing my new system.

Also any thoughts on using one of these to charge my EV at 7.4kw when there is enough sun?

Many thanks! :)(y)
I would assume around 75w. One site showed 0% consumption. Recommend adding 30% margin to your average light levels to compensate for run consumption, entropy, and other less ideal conditions. If you want 7.4kW you will likely need a 10kW system for most times of the year.

I own a Deye 8kW 3 phase (Europe) and it mostly draws 100W when is not running at 100%
at least this is what I see when the battery discharges +100W more that the house requires in that very moment.

running 12k's ( so a bit bigger) but they use about 84 watts at idle

thing is, they only run idle when i am doing maint. so not sure why it is an issue, unless you are a bit shorton batteries or panels

My 8kws use from approx. 40W up to 76W per unit depending on what the inverter is doing.

Good evening, my photovoltaic system has a SUN-6K-SG03LP1-EU deye inverter, with a 14kwh storage system. I noticed that the electricity consumption of the inverter is consistently 250-300W. I think it's too high. What do you think?

All my loads are under the UPS output, and if I open the inverter switch, the loads consumption goes to zero.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231013_203035_Deye Cloud.jpg
    Screenshot_20231013_203035_Deye Cloud.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 18
Good evening, my photovoltaic system has a SUN-6K-SG03LP1-EU deye inverter, with a 14kwh storage system. I noticed that the electricity consumption of the inverter is consistently 250-300W. I think it's too high. What do you think?

All my loads are under the UPS output, and if I open the inverter switch, the loads consumption goes to zero.
I'm wondering what is UPS output exactly? And is there any load connected to it?
Also, you mentioned 'the inverter switch'.. what's that?
250-300W doesn't seem to be a self consumption of the 6kW inverter itself

Back