diy solar

diy solar

Recommended Deye 8k hybrid inverter settings for net metering

spittingfire

Hi All,

I have an 8k Deye hybrid inverter setup with 2 batteries in parallel. Before net metering my settings were "zero export to load" with load first and time of use enabled. This worked well. After net metering was approved and completed the solar company made whatever changes they needed to and here I am posting this question.

The settings have now changed to Grid selling first. Since that change what I have noticed is that my batteries are no longer charging beyond the minimums that was set in time of use.

The setup I am looking for solar powers load first, then charge batteries and if anything is left over sell back to the grid. I would also like to keep time of use enabled in this type of configuration if possible.

I have attached the pages of interest that discussing these particular settings and wondering if the settings of "Zero Export To Load" with "Solar Sell" selected is the option I should use to achieve what I am looking for.

Are any of you familiar with the Deye 8k hybrid inverter settings that can guide me with the correct setup to achieve what I am looking for?

Thanks in advance and much appreciated!

Attachments

• Deye_8k_hybrid_manual_38_39.pdf
    642.5 KB · Views: 4
"the settings of "Zero Export To Load" with "Solar Sell" selected is the option I should use to achieve what I am looking for."

This is not exactly what you would be looking for.
You should select "zero export to ct" aka limited to home), and solar sell:

Solar will first go to loads, remainder will go to batteries, when batteries are full, power will be send to grid.
Do make sure you have your ct's installed correctly on your incoming grid , as close to the entry point , but before any loads

Back