diy solar

diy solar

Suggestions Please :-) - Best 50 AMP RV Breaker Box/Distribution Panel to Start With (For shore power and solar panels [to be installed])

MOTR

Newbie here. Please and thank you! :) As I start out, my first need is my panel- it's undersized - I am looking for suggestions on the best/highest quality 50 AMP circuit breaker (I've seen them called Distribution Panel) to Start with for an MCI 102 DL3 Coach Conversion in to an RV. (Is 50 AMP the max for an RV panel? I think so.) It's a 45 foot long coach, like a Greyhound. It has the luggage bays underneath so I have plenty of space.

I do already have 50 amp power receptacle at my house. I don't just want to buy the first thing I see on Amazon, rather a high quality one that will last and isn't cheaply made. It needs to be for shore power and solar panels I plan to install.

I have an electrical panel installed already, but it's only 30 amp, so I need to pull that out and I want to upgrade to 50 amp - I plan to install 2 roof top units (for cooling and heating) or I may put in 2 mini split heat pumps (for cooling and heating).

What else do you need to know to provide suggestions?
I looked on the mobile-solar power.com website but I don't see any panels that are specific to this, that I am looking for. I also bought Will's book and am watching YouTube. Here is what I found on Amazon, but I am not sure if this is what I need to make sure I have the max number of slots for future growth too. https://www.amazon.com/Arterra-WF-8930-50NP-Generators-Distribution/dp/B00HJ6PZJE/ref=sr_1_35?crid=GRHSW6FI31JN&keywords=rv+50+amp+electrical+breaker+box&qid=1668178107&sprefix=rv+50+amp+electrical+breaker+box,aps,151&sr=8-35&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

Thank you kindly,
M.

Last edited:
I don't know how to delete a post, but I didn't get any input and I did buy the Amazon one above and had it installed and it works great. Hopefully it will work fine with my solar hook up too. On to the next step! :)

I'm sure you know this already, but a 50a RV system has two separate 120V legs, each with 50a. A lot of people don't understand that it's not the difference between 30a vs 50a, but 30a vs 100a. 2nd AC units are put on L2, and so is my fireplace. I have a 2200w inverter with 120V to both L1 & L2.

Back