diy solar

diy solar

Sungold power tp6048 not charging batteries from grid

Do you know how I would get it out of protect mode?

Attached is a picture of my cell voltage. It's showing millivolts. Not sure how to convert it.
What does the manual or supplier say to do?

To convert from mv to V you just move the decimal... 1234.0mv = 1.234v

Looking at the 4 cells you are showing in the photo, I'd guess your pack is way out of balance.

What does the manual or supplier say to do?

To convert from mv to V you just move the decimal... 1234.0mv = 1.234v

Looking at the 4 cells you are showing in the photo, I'd guess your pack is way out of balance.
Unfortunately when they sent the batteries they did not include a manual. I purchased them through current connected. I will reach out to them and see what they say. I'll keep you posted just so you know what they say. Thank you for your quick responses.

I had exactly the same problem, here is how to solve it.

1) press the RST button for more than 5 seconds.
if this not works (and it didn't work in my case)

2) Connect your laptop to the BMS RS232. (if you have this cable) and use the software PBMSTOOLS.
if your RS232 connection is working, you will see some battery/cells information. NOW CLICK on shutdown, wait a few seconds, click on shutdown again.
your battery will wake up again. you can now charge your battery again.

I'll try that today and I'll let you know if that helps. Thank you.
Ben- I would love to know if you got this issue resolved. I have the TP6048 with a big battery and am off grid as well and am experiencing the same issue of being unable to charge the battery using a generator connected to the inverter, and have spent TONS of time working on it. Sounds like your battery may have been part of the issue, but if you were able to resolve it and are now able to charge using your generator, please share what you did. Thank you!

Ben- I would love to know if you got this issue resolved. I have the TP6048 with a big battery and am off grid as well and am experiencing the same issue of being unable to charge the battery using a generator connected to the inverter, and have spent TONS of time working on it. Sounds like your battery may have been part of the issue, but if you were able to resolve it and are now able to charge using your generator, please share what you did. Thank you!
Did you see one of my earlier posts in this thread?
I had to change priority settings and the times iirc to allow mine to charge with generator connected.

SUB... https://diysolarforum.com/threads/confirm-my-dumb-moment.51971/

Back