diy solar

diy solar

Sunsynk 3.6 Hybird + Growatt's ML33RTA battery 3.3Kwh (x3)

organic

Hi all
I am looking into a new inverter for my old system. Thinking the Sunsynk on for octopus energy UK. (8 x 245 watt panels and AC Growatt inverter)
I am trying to find out if it will charge my batters with it.
No one has got back to me on Sunsynk forum as yet. I no they do charge different batters but not seem to find any info on the Growatt ones i think there model is ML33RTA there is no master slave switch just a plug that goes in the fist and last batterie.

Thanks for any help in advance

Organic

Hi all
I am looking into a new inverter for my old system. Thinking the Sunsynk on for octopus energy UK. (8 x 245 watt panels and AC Growatt inverter)
I am trying to find out if it will charge my batters with it.
No one has got back to me on Sunsynk forum as yet. I no they do charge different batters but not seem to find any info on the Growatt ones i think there model is ML33RTA there is no master slave switch just a plug that goes in the fist and last batterie.

Thanks for any help in advance

Organic

What is the model number? Did you read the specs sheet on it?

Sorry I thought I put it in.
It is the Sunsynk 3.6Kw Hybrid Inverter

organic

Yeah in the title, is the description but not the model number. Oh well, seems I can still look it up based on that... Thanks.

Perhaps is this one:
SYNK-3.6K-SG03LP1

It seems like your typical hybrid inverter with a grid battery charger in it, along with the PV input battery charger..

1697040159485.png

Hi
Do you know if it will charge my batters as I have X3 Growatt 3.3kw ones as they don't have a master or slave switch on them?

Thanks

Hi
Do you know if it will charge my batters as I have X3 Growatt 3.3kw ones as they don't have a master or slave switch on them?

Thanks

Are you talking about master/slave on the battery comms, or master/slave on the inverters (used when parallel stacking) or something?

I'm assuming you're referring to battery comms. You don't need battery comms, it's like a bell/whistle, one can also simply charge based on battery voltages to any battery bank, or have the data cable connected (if compatible), and use the comms for the inverter to use for charging. I have no way of knowing if the Sunsynk can talk over data comms connection to your brand batteries. But certainly could be set to regular voltage-based LFP (or custom user-defined) charge profile and charge in the conventional way.

You might have to ping Sunsynk or Growatt and ask them if this inverter is compatible with your Growatt batteries using the data link connection. My guess would be that unless tested, neither of them would know.

That's why if this was important to me (battery-to-inverter data comms), I would find batteries and inverters beforehand in forums where people have tested their interoperability and are known to work, prior to making any purchases.

Last edited:
Master slave on batters as no switch just looks like a blank coms plug that goes in a different place on first and last battier and none on the middle one.
Thanks for that info I am still waiting for Sunsynk to get back to me but its been a while might have to try again.
All growatt are saying that they are compatible with there hybrid inverter.

Thanks again.

Back