diy solar

diy solar

Sunsynk 5kw inverter and pylontech us5000 batteries not comunicating

andyhall50

I have a new sunsynk 5.5kw inverter and 4 pylontech us5000 batteries.
They are connected with the yellow sunsync lead. This ilbns page is full of zeros, my inverter is saying my batteries are 22% full but the batteries show 4 of the 6 leds lit up.
I have gone back to the company who sold it, they finaly agree there is a problem (originally said there was no issue as the app was working).
I have read loads about the lead being the problem. I have made a network cable where pin 2 and 6 join, pin 4,5 stay connected and the others are not included. This made no difference.
I have a network cable tester. It shows pins 5 as fine, the joined pins 2and6 as fine but the pins 4 as not connected.
I have seen on ebay somebody selling a sunsynk to us2000 / us3000 / up5000 lead but mine is a us5000.

I can't be the first person to connect a sunsynk inverter to us5000 batteries and have this issue.

Please help before I pull what little hair I have out!

Thanks

I've just installed a 5.5 eco that also came with the yellow lead. It's not been commissioned yet as I understand the inverter needs an online software update, which they will be asked to do this week.

In all the manuals and videos on line it specifically states that the Comms lead to the battery must be installed in the correct orientation, yet my lead and I assume yours has no markings on it to identify it either?

My battery is a Seplos 14.3kw self assembled, but I understand it also uses pylontech protocol, so I might have the same problem, so I'm keen to see how it develops in your case and I will post my 'journey' to keep you informed, though I do have extremely limited knowledge or experience!

Could the problem be in the way the inverter is set up as opposed to it being a cable issue??

Here's another potential solution that some has working!

I have a new sunsynk 5.5kw inverter and 4 pylontech us5000 batteries.
They are connected with the yellow sunsync lead. This ilbns page is full of zeros, my inverter is saying my batteries are 22% full but the batteries show 4 of the 6 leds lit up.
I have gone back to the company who sold it, they finaly agree there is a problem (originally said there was no issue as the app was working).
I have read loads about the lead being the problem. I have made a network cable where pin 2 and 6 join, pin 4,5 stay connected and the others are not included. This made no difference.
I have a network cable tester. It shows pins 5 as fine, the joined pins 2and6 as fine but the pins 4 as not connected.
I have seen on ebay somebody selling a sunsynk to us2000 / us3000 / up5000 lead but mine is a us5000.

I can't be the first person to connect a sunsynk inverter to us5000 batteries and have this issue.

Please help before I pull what little hair I have out!

Thanks
i tried my yellow cable and connected it to the can bus on the inverter and the CAN/RS485 connection on my Seplos battery and it seems to communicate fine

Back