diy solar

diy solar

Sunsynk battery settings for DIY pack

sd_dracula

I have a sunsynk 8.8kw hybrid inverter and a DIY battery bank of 32 cells, Envision ESS 72173207 305Ah, 2p16s, connected to a JKBMS JK-PB2A16S-20P
I have these values set at the inverter and was wondering if they are correct:

1706438153007.png

The BMS also has float mode enabled, so not sure if the BMS values do anything.
The BMS is connected to the inverter via CAN and the deye protocol, they talk ok

Last edited:
I have a sunsynk 8.8kw hybrid inverter and a DIY battery bank of 32 cells, Envision ESS 72173207 305Ah, 2p16s, connected to a JKBMS JK-PB2A16S-20P
I have these values set at the inverter and was wondering if they are correct:

View attachment 191790

The BMS also has float mode enabled, so not sure if the BMS values do anything.
Why don't you setup communication , and let the BMS sort that out for you ?

Already set up, the bms is connected via CAN to the inverter and they talk ok but it looks like the inverter does its own thing first.
Example, the inverter empty battery was set to 43v by default, and even though the bms empty battery is set at 42.2v, the inverter cut the discharge at 43v.
So I was wondering if it does the same thing for the float, absorption, equalization values.

Already set up, the bms is connected via CAN to the inverter and they talk ok but it looks like the inverter does its own thing first.
Example, the inverter empty battery was set to 43v by default, and even though the bms empty battery is set at 42.2v, the inverter cut the discharge at 43v.
So I was wondering if it does the same thing for the float, absorption, equalization values.
Then there is something wrong with the comms data from the bms.
When comnunication is enabled, these settings will be ignored.

Btw you had a seplos, but now made a switch to this experimental BMS ?

Never installed the seplos, at the time I had a Solis inverter and nothing but trouble with that.
Also it doesn't have a balancer built in (I think newer revisions might have)

Never installed the seplos, at the time I had a Solis inverter and nothing but trouble with that.
Also it doesn't have a balancer built in (I think newer revisions might have)
It does have a balancer, abeid a passive one, which , if you set up the seplos correct and have descent cells is plenty.
Also, from experience , seplos and deye/sunsynk/sol-ark work extremely well together, so I hope you still have it laying around

Back