diy solar

diy solar

Tesla microgrid PV array, what will they use?

PV Farm

First, Love the youtube channel, thank you.

I saw this post on the Tesal motor forums about a microgrid, with a PV array battery storage, and chargers they are doing in California.
I couldn't find any info on what racking or pv panels or any details about the array, but it looks to be about 27 acres of PV with fire lanes in between groupings.
Does anyone know what they are using?
Any of the "experts" want to tell me how they "should" do it?

I see Tesla is firing all of the charger people and getting out of the charging business. So I doubt they'll be doing any new charging projects, and I expect they'll phase out any existing ones.

I see Tesla is firing all of the charger people and getting out of the charging business. So I doubt they'll be doing any new charging projects, and I expect they'll phase out any existing ones.
That's not the way I read that at all .... Where did you see anything about Tesla getting out of the charging business?

Thanks for the reply, care to speculate on what should be used if it was to be done. More of a fun Friday thought experiment.

I’m hoping to avoid Tesla arguments, just wanted some light hearted back of the napkin thoughts

Thanks for the reply, care to speculate on what should be used if it was to be done. More of a fun Friday thought experiment.

I’m hoping to avoid Tesla arguments, just wanted some light hearted back of the napkin thoughts

Sorry, I can't offer a lot for your thought experiment ..... Just didn't want to let that other post get out as if it were gospel.

See BBC, CNN, Reuters etc. they all have the news story. I may have misinterpreted the headlines, but I didn't make it up. Google is your friend.

Sorry I can't contribute to your hypothetical question.

First, Love the youtube channel, thank you.

I saw this post on the Tesal motor forums about a microgrid, with a PV array battery storage, and chargers they are doing in California.
I couldn't find any info on what racking or pv panels or any details about the array, but it looks to be about 27 acres of PV with fire lanes in between groupings.
Does anyone know what they are using?

Guess:
tesla panels
tesla li-ion batteries for fast charging and discharging
Tesla central inverter?

Any of the "experts" want to tell me how they "should" do it?
Very carefully

Guess:
tesla panels
tesla li-ion batteries for fast charging and discharging
Tesla central inverter?

Very carefully
I didn’t think Tesla had their own panels. Ok forget Tesla for a second what panel and what racking system would make sense for this? How would conduit runs work?

If I had to guess I would bet that Tesla does not design their own grid scale inverters in the mega pack and this kind of PV installation. I bet they do the batteries and the BMS but buy existing inverters from ABB or whatever big players are in that market.

Back