diy solar

diy solar

Tesla, the gift that keeps on giving.

Ansul Met-L-X Class D Extinguisher Powder, 50 lb pail

Contents: sodium chloride.

Just carry 50 lbs of table salt wherever you go, and you're golden.

#not actual fire safety advice. I am not a fire man. If you get too close to me, you'll get a whiff of the fact that I'm talking out of my ass.

How the heck in LA do you even get enough legroom between lights to get up to that speed, absolutely crazy... I heard the same thing about the cell phone.

If that was a tesla you can easily get up to that speed between lights. Those things have mind blowing acceleration.

Here’s a short article talking about how EVs have fewer fires per car. Interesting what was mentioned in this thread about the age of EVs compared to gas cars. But one thing mentioned in this article that points to gas cars simply being more prone to fires is the amount of recalls for fire safety issues. From the article: in 2020 “Gasoline-powered cars were subject to far more recalls for fire risk”. And another interesting point: “Collisions triggered the majority of fatal fires”.

Here’s a short article talking about how EVs have fewer fires per car. Interesting what was mentioned in this thread about the age of EVs compared to gas cars. But one thing mentioned in this article that points to gas cars simply being more prone to fires is the amount of recalls for fire safety issues. From the article: in 2020 “Gasoline-powered cars were subject to far more recalls for fire risk”. And another interesting point: “Collisions triggered the majority of fatal fires”.
I think that the only way to get a proper analysis is to eliminate factory recalls because gas vehicles have so many more models and price points than EVs. If you’re making a lot of models your more likely to make a lot more mistakes.
Also keeping the price point of cars close is important.
Most of the cars that I have seen go up in flames are the cheapest models.

There are fewer forest fires than campfires too.

I like electric golf carts. Proven. ? think the EV are going through growing pains…. ICE are still goes through growing pains…. Anyone old enough to remember when cars were so smog choked for power in the 1970s…… could not pull a greasy bologna - red wrapper out of a cat’s butt. Everyone got that image ….. hahaha poor cat won it. Don’t feed cat’s bologna with the wrappers on it.

seriously am amazed at all the recalls still on going with ice vehicles. Years ago a friend‘s Ford truck caught fire due to the anti lock brake module shorting out and catching on fire. About burned his house down. Lucky it was not in his garage. It was a recall. it was a common fire source. That was 2004….

Now
Ford and Hyundai recalling trailer and Antilock brake modules. Any EV Recalls.

I looked at the Hyundai Ioniq 5 but they have a known unsolved problem with the 12 volt battery. Interesting that they still use 12 volt batteries in the EV. Basically if you want to run computer, roll windows up-down and have lights need 12v battery. Seems most EV have this 12v battery. So ….
does any EV come with LIFEPO BATTERIES? Every other day someone is on youtube saying Elon Musk just discovered some new type of battery to replace the current ones. Not seen anything yet. Remember in the old days this was called VAPORWARE. They had smoked one to many Bob Marley sized joints and hallucinated. Where are these new EV batteries that are all over youtube? What year will they be released…..

At this point:
I’m holding out for the Aliens to appear and start selling the inter galactic spaceships. I’m ready to leave this ship…. Come on Aliens.
I watched, Capt Kirk on old Star Trek always have to do a scene: sex with the aliens

I wonder did Tesla do a download before it burned down… read tesla always downloads them in any and all incident.

Any serious statistics to when an EV catches fire the most? I would think when charging as a guess.

like everything else from govt most sources conflict and then they say “NEED MORE TIME COLLECT DATA’’ in 2022 …. sounds like covid, climate change and so on. Need more time, data not conclusive, help I’m white and can’t get down two left feet on the ground.

if someday you find yourself in a land mind field do what we use to do: place your fingers in your ears, open your mouth to equalize pressure, look ahead, and start walking. Remember social distancing is important. We called it combat intervals ….. words…. names change but same game. Your Govt Loves you

Back