diy solar

diy solar

Testing EG4 6000XP AIO inverter.

No, under lithium or a custom setting.

I've got tesla batteries. I'm using them in two different setups currently.

For my 6500ex setup I can set the proper voltages (for my battery). The standard setup voltage is too high.

Can't find anything in the 6000xp manual that specifically shows a custom option.
You can set to lead acid type battery, and in the lead acid battery settings set your voltages, and disable equalization. See the section in the manual on the lead acid battery settings, page 22 of the current version of the manual.

Anyone want to swap a Solark 12k for 3 of these so I can keep the same eco-system in my new house ?
The Solark was to be my spare/backup but .....:giggle:

I played around with the power saving "Green" setting. It appears to send a pulse of energy every few seconds. If no load is on and calling for power the AC is turned back off and a few seconds later the inverter sends out another pulse. If a load is on the inverter will power up and supply power.

I'm not sure how popular this setting will be. Honestly if I want to save idle consumption I would simply extend the EPS toggle switch to an accessible location so I could turn on and off the inverter remotely.

In my mind I see Green mode or turning off the inverter practical in small off grid builds like a cabin or RV.
Screenshot_20231030_011705_Edge.jpg

Last edited:
Tested EPS Overload when grid connected.

Reaction - Inverter switches to Grid Bypass. After 4 mins and/or load drops below 3K per leg the inverter will switch back to battery.

questions for @Zapper77

how often does the built in app update data?
if the grid is connected, then one should disable the neutral ground bond correct?

Missed the 2nd part.

That's totally dependent on your wiring.
The N/G bonding setting does work.
Thanks but how so? My thinking is if the grid is connected then you have to disable to bond no?

I just want to know when the trade-in program starts for those that have 6500s and want to upgrade. :)
I'm currenlty discussing this with Signature Solar. I bought a 6500ex 6 months ago with the plan of buying a second one in order to add my 220v loads. The 6500ex is no longer available. Signature Solar has "Sunset" it. Their website says you have to buy the new 6000xp. I called them and they confirmed that you can not run the 6500 and the 6000 together which I knew. They said I would have to upgrade to the 6000xp. I told them that the new 6000xp will not provide enough power to run all of my loads after adding my 220 load, so I would need two of them and I will have wasted about $1300 on the inverter that I bought 6 months ago.

Last edited:
I'm currenlty in discussing this with Signature Solar. I bought a 6500ex 6 months ago with the plan of buying a second one in order to add my 220v loads. The 6500ex is no longer available.
I have two in my solar room collecting dust...that I'll sell.

Purchased July 2022, replace by 18Kpv June 2023.

Both Work as designed.
20231102_123744.jpg

I have two in my solar room collecting dust...that I'll sell.

Purchased July 2022, replace by 18Kpv June 2023.

Both Work as designed.
View attachment 175976
I'll keep that in mind as a "Plan C". Yours are a year older than mine, so I don't know if the internal hardware is the same (i.e. bonding screw issue). They seem to have had couple different versions of these. I'm still waiting to hear from SS on their decision. Thanks

I'll keep that in mind as a "Plan C". Yours are a year older than mine, so I don't know if the internal hardware is the same (i.e. bonding screw issue). They seem to have had couple different versions of these. I'm still waiting to hear from SS on their decision. Thanks
Bonding screws are removed.

*Now that I saw the EG4 comment that removing the bonding screw had other side effects...I'd put them back in.

Last edited:
@Zapper77 I'm curious if the 6000xp has setting 23 in the display. The EG4 manual doesn't have it listed, it skips over it, but the LuxPower manual for the same unit does. It is for CT functionality settings. I wonder if the EG4 unit has older firmware that doesn't have this implemented yet. Hopefully they do implement this eventually and it works like a hybrid.

Back