diy solar

diy solar

Testing Fuses

ericstott

My house generally gets struck by lightning and I end up having to replace the fuses.
There are 4 fuses (BUSSMANN Fuse: 15 A Amps, 600V AC, 100kA at 600V AC, 1-1/2 in L x 13/32 in dia Fuse Size, KTK) that I end up replacing, I 'feel' might not all be burned up.
Is there a way to test the fuses to see if they are all bad, or if there might be any that are still good?

My house generally gets struck by lightning and I end up having to replace the fuses.
There are 4 fuses (BUSSMANN Fuse: 15 A Amps, 600V AC, 100kA at 600V AC, 1-1/2 in L x 13/32 in dia Fuse Size, KTK) that I end up replacing, I 'feel' might not all be burned up.
Is there a way to test the fuses to see if they are all bad, or if there might be any that are still good?

Use an Ohmmeter to measure the resistance across the fuse. Compare to a new one. If they're the same, give it a try.

If you don’t have a meter just turn on something for each circuit. If it comes on it’s good.

Thanks @sunshine_eggo I will try that. @Doug864 - I require 4 fuses at the base of my inverter to work, so I can't just plug one in and see if it works.

These are good responses though!

Thank you!

Back