diy solar

diy solar

The Best time to do maintenance?

ksmithaz1

Solar / EV Junkie
So I'm sitting here waiting until TOU ends at 8PM to do some maintenance on my 18KPV/12LV's and hook up some new cables.

One of the things I have found is that I'm really hesitant to shut anything down right now in the solar window so as not to lose any production at all while the sun is shining. By 8PM production will be pretty much zero (0), currently at 19:30 showing a few hundred watts I'm greedily consuming as the HVAC bleeds me dry, thus I will drain the batteries before morning, needing about an hour of grid fuel, and any shutdown is of no real consequence.

Do most of the folks here just shut down whenever and do what they want whenever?

I shut it down
If i mis some charge to bad.
Normal you have a lot off spare so the next day its full again.

Or do it on raining day .

I'm offgrid so when I power down I am quite literally down. (Well OK, I can run a Genny for VAC if I need it).
It all depends on the task at hand and how long it will take of course. Now I try to account for Murphy's Laws which ALWAYS comes up at the worth possible time... Kinda like when you have the front end of the car apart cause your doing the brakes and that stupid tiny clip breaks and it's after hours & no part store open till TOMORROW ! AND you have no 2nd vehicle to get there ! sound vaguely familiar ? hahaha feckin Murphy's Lawa.

diy solar

diy solar
Back