diy solar

diy solar

think i miss ordered new batteries.. :(

carl2591

Ordered some what i thought i was ordering was 230 adn got 280 AH by mistake.. (gotta stop drunk ordering it seem) my current system has 4 -230 ah cell and and was wanting to add another set of 4 -230's.. Is it not cool to mix the Ah of them connected to same system?? what is solutation?? they are coming from china and dont get much good info on shipping from the supplier on Ali express.. They assure me the are "on the way" but the info i see is quite lame.

They are coming from Oye Store,, which got good reviews,, ( i know) so felt good.. for some reason when i looked at Amy ,docanpower, the prices was quite a bit higher and stock was not expected till like april so i decided to go off the reservation.

so any suggestions.. ??

They will all work together if same chemistry - they will all balance to lower AH max is all. I have a lab unit that is 2 72ah and 2 100 AH so the 12v pack has 72AH max and it works fine and balances correctly with a BMS.

If they're LiFePO4, it's not an issue.
far as I know they are LiFePO4.. just your regular run-o-d mill lithium.. got them from Amy at Docan power last year or so. So i can parelle hem no problem,, same charger etc.. that would be super great.. guess the total AH will drift to 230 for total of 460 vs 230+280 = 510 ah.

thank for all the good info.. make be feel better now.. now to figure out where and when they might deliver to NC.. purchase date was 8 dec 2022..

Connected in parallel, two 12V batteries? 230 Ah 4s || 280 Ah 4s = 510 Ah.

They may take turns providing more of the total current draw. Perhaps one will cycle more than the other. But if you charge into the knee and sometimes discharge into the lower knee, all capacity should be available.

For the 280 ah grade A lithium on Ali express Oye Store with shipping was 670 US.. I ordered them Dec 8th.. ( was checking on docan and see the price is now about the same..:( ) Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 10.11.08 AM.png

I ask about shipping and tracking info as the stuff on teh website is sorta lame.. I got this waybill info back.. Does this look legit to you?? i have no idea as this is the first time ordering somebig from china.. I have ordered and gotten two JDS BMS over the past... recently got the BMS for this project last week, ordered the same day..

here is waybill info they sent.. When I did a search on the cargo ship it does show as coming to LA in late jan. with the post of call listed so i am thinking legit??

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 10.11.22 AM.png

Did you get FEDX tracking number? Once the package is shown as picked up from Custom then it should go live end tell you that the package is on its way. So check if the FEDX tracking number is legit or not, right now it shows as label is created, and it should show the weight of the package as around 50lbs.

Back