diy solar

diy solar

New Qishou 304 ah Lifepo4 batteries just arrived, i think i got scammed. Are these defects important?

Aridom82

Learning addict
16x Qishou 304 ah Lifepo4 batteries just arrived, i think i got scammed.
They have a weird bump on top. Are these defects important?IMG_1112.JPGIMG_1110.JPG

Did you ever consider talking to them first before you started posting ?
Not really. I dont expect honesty from people i suspect to be trying to trick me, and i imagine here there are people experienced on this stuff that may have insight on what these pictures reflect.
I take your comment more as an abrasive response than help and i dont appreciate that.

Not really. I dont expect honesty from people i suspect to be trying to trick me, and i imagine here there are people experienced on this stuff that may have insight on what these pictures reflect.
I take your comment more as an abrasive response than help and i dont appreciate that.
What gives you the idea that they are trying to trick you ?
Have had plenty of qishou cells and when shipping or other issue arrive they have always been happy to make it right...

Instead of whining and insinuating common sense and decency would tell you to first contact them and ask them what is up..

And for what it worth, the cells look fine based of the pictures you posted, I suggest you test their capacity and go from there

What gives you the idea that they are trying to trick you ?
Have had plenty of qishou cells and when shipping or other issue arrive they have always been happy to make it right...

Instead of whining and insinuating common sense and decency would tell you to first contact them and ask them what is up..

And for what it worth, the cells look fine based of the pictures you posted, I suggest you test their capacity and go from there
You sound like you are having a very bad day i would rather not discuss this with you thank you

No they are not important.
maybe you can capacitytest them all of them
please give us a report on that one
also the ariving voltage
internal resistans

also the ariving voltage
internal resistans
Thanks, i am going to make capacity test on 4 of them. It takes a very long time to charge them with my small power supply so it will take some days to complete. They arrived at 3,29v all. The internal resistance i cannot check my tester is not sensitive enough. They have a declared 0,25 milliohm internal resistance.

also the ariving voltage
internal resistans
So i just learned that the internal resistance can be measured by the formula (no loaded voltage-loaded voltage)/current.
According to this formula, the internal resistance on three cells are 0.02, 0.025, 0.022 so it seems to be ok

I just blew my jk bms in spectacular fashion so until the new one arrives i am going to check every hour or so the voltage of each cell and be sure they are below 3.35

You can also remove the black covering around the label to see what is going on, it should be clear without any sanding marks or difference in color. Use rubbing alcohol to slowly dissolve the glue, don't use a scraper.

Laslty you can ask the seller for a test report.

see this thread, if you see sanding marks around the qr code, then yeah you got had, if NOT then I think you are probably ok. I test report would still be nice to alleviate all fears.

see this thread, if you see sanding marks around the qr code, then yeah you got had, if NOT then I think you are probably ok. I test report would still be nice to alleviate all fears.

Very very good thread, a lot of useful information in there with pictures, thanks a lot.
I am going to wait until tomorrow morning to peel the top of one so i have the best light to check the qr code
In the meantime the first capacity test on the first cell should be done, i will let you know

I am happy to announce that these Qishou 304 ah cells are pulling 314-316 ah at 20 amps discharge.
The defects are just cosmetic imperfections, cells are more than fine

Back