diy solar

diy solar

Tigo Optimisers on a string with 2 orientations not optimising as hoped

On Sunday it was producing 6200watts at one point, which I'm pretty pleased with for a 8kW PV setup in Feb at a latitude of 52 here in East Anglia. My inverter can convert a max of 6kW into AC, and my power network has a cap of 5kW export where I live, so it was maxing that out, running the house load and (slightly) charging the battery at the same time. Excellent, more of that please.

Thanks to everyone for their support in making this decision.
Ah yes, that nice blip at about 12:35 here in sunny Sunday Suffolk. That was the teaser for Spring! Got over 10kWh that day.

Great result & thanks for the update (y)

Why not move those panels that look like they’re behind a chimney all morning (or afternoon, I’m from Australia so assuming you’re not everything’s backwards) over to the opposite roof (west I think it was as opposed to east).

If those panels are shaded most of the day then you just need to move them if you want to make power. It’s not good for a solar panel to be in shade too long and will void its warranty (if they find out about it).

Move the other three onto the same string as the rest making it one string of 13 on mppt 1 and then either move the other panels or move whatever is shading them.

It’s not good for a solar panel to be in shade too long and will void its warranty (if they find out about it).
I think that needs a qualifier. It's not good for it to be partially shaded for long periods. Shading an entire array presents no harm. Otherwise night time would void warranty.

Back