diy solar

diy solar

Tigo optimizers on new Sol-Ark

Oldphile

Solar Enthusiast
This will be interesting. The electrician has only installed 3 phase Sol-Ark. Stay tuned, install happens Thursday.. I already had to set the electrician straight. Not his fault, but install company only planned to grid tie my 15K. F no, I want to add batteries.

How'd it go? Installer wants to push me to the sol-ark optimizers due to the complexity of integrating with tigo (said the extra cost for sol-ark may be a wash due to the sol-ark optimizer controller being built in to the 15K).

Also looking to self-install batteries, what are you having to ask for? (just placement of the gutter? or more?)

I already had to clarify with them about the need for a double throw bypass in case of inverter problems (I'd be their first sol-ark install).

Electrician will be back today, hopefully to finish. I wanted him to install the Sol-Ark between the disconnect and the main service panel. Original plans only called for line side tap with the main service panel still connected to the meter.

So far he only has the PV conduit installed. He didn't use a gutter. He's installing the gutter now. Looks like he'll leave the PV conduit as is and then mount the gutter below. Not very well thought out. :rolleyes:

I wanted the Sol-Ark optimizers. I believe they will be superior to Tigo and as you said Tigo optimizers don't inherently work with Sol-Ark. However, the Sol-Ark optimizers were first announced to be available November 2022. Who knows, they may not be available until 2024.

Yeah, I'm risking not having a manual bypass. I do have a standby generator. My neighbor (2 unit condo) is getting the same installed. I'm going to buy a set of polaris connectors should an inverter fail. We already have a 15K without batteries in a detached garage. I've had to power cycle it twice following grid failures. The normal LED was off and the transfer switch didn't close. I'm going to add batteries this year as I've been told on this forum that no batteries is the problem.

Last edited:
Back