diy solar

diy solar

Time of Use Settings help

OK, looked it up. During periods you want to charge from pv, set battery to 100%.

See if that works.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHC
OK, looked it up. During periods you want to charge from pv, set battery to 100%.

See if that works.
This doesn't seem right. So you're saying every day, he'd need to change the programming of the inverter twice. once to 40%, and once to 100%?

Really enjoying the discussion here...it's all part of the learning process which I really enjoy. Really appreciate the input.

At present, things seem to be working well by using the "Limited Power to Load " setting. (The 15K manual says that this mode is recommended for single inverter or for whole home backup installations". And, combined with the TOU mode, the Energy Priority becomes: 1. Solar PV 2. Batteries (down to programmed discharge level) 3. Grid 4. Generator.

Here's what I'm seeing now:

1694373565797.jpeg

With these settings:

1694373613442.jpeg

I tried the "limited power to Home" setting also, and it appeared to be acting the same.

I'll probably try the 100% setting tomorrow...

Thanks again for taking a look!

This doesn't seem right. So you're saying every day, he'd need to change the programming of the inverter twice. once to 40%, and once to 100%?
...or maybe just have one (or 2) time frames showing 100%? (I think I'd like to be at 100% when the sun goes down....)

...or maybe just have one (or 2) time frames showing 100%? (I think I'd like to be at 100% when the sun goes down....)
Yep, I didn't think about that. you could set your battery value to 100% in the TOU settings. It's hard keeping track of all the different capabilities. As an example (and this is what caught me just now). my inverter has 1 TOU window. I don;t have the ability to set 6 different time periods where I can change battery or grid sell levels. That is definately one area where your inverter excels.

Reactions: WHC

See if that works.
Aha! So far this appears to be the best option. I have solar feeding the load, charging the battery, and selling excess back to the grid. With the "Limited Power to the Load", power was indeed limited to the load and the battery. None of the other soar that could have been produced was being sold back to the grid...at the 0.139 rate. So, here are the current results, followed by the settings. This should have me at 100% battery at 5 pm...

1694378341239.jpeg

1694378362998.jpeg

Lookin' good! Thanks!

Back