diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kPV Disable battery use after a certain time?

btrocke

Is there any way to NOT pull power from the battery after a certain time? We have very cheap time of use rates from 9pm-9am and that is when we have all our heavy loads kick in like EV Charging and InFloor heat boiler that can suck back more than 70kWh over night. Another alternative would be use the battery till 5 or 10% then use grid for the remainder of the night and not recharge the battery so the solar will do that the next day. Any other creative ways your using your TOU plans? We are Zero-Export for now. I just got the batteries today so playing with all the settings. 15KW worth.

Well, the easiest way to do this to set your AC charge of batteries to enable. Configure either for voltage or SOC, and then set the amount of kW you want to use to charge the batteries, a little or a lot. Set the time permitted for 9PM until 9 AM or in between. If your batteries are charging, even if only a little cheaply, they won't be discharging much or none at all.

Our TOU rates are low from Midnight until 6 AM. I have batteries set for a 4 kW charge during that period up to an SOC of 80 (our starting SOC is about 38). Then I have them set to charge first from 9 AM until 1 PM using PV. During the period of 9 AM until 4 PM, PV generation handles most of the load and charging. Then from 4 PM until midnight the batteries run the home with zero from grid. Our peak TOU here is 4PM until 9 PM.

Try this and please post if it works for you.

Back