diy solar

diy solar

Need help with EG4 18kpv - Not discharging batteries

To clarify, you're thinking toggle AC Charge on, and set to 52, disable force discharge, and see if the reason it was never discharging on it's own is because the AC charge stop voltage was at 56?
Correct.

Another question. Do you know where your CTs are installed?

Correct.

Another question. Do you know where your CTs are installed?
Inside the box. The tech I was working with said they were on backwards, and he wasn't a fan of how close they were to the terminal inputs (interference). But, there's not really any other place for them. The installers said they put them inside the inverter box all the time

Inside the box. The tech I was working with said they were on backwards, and he wasn't a fan of how close they were to the terminal inputs (interference). But, there's not really any other place for them. The installers said they put them inside the inverter box all the time
Inside the inverter box is fine. Assuming you only need to power a downstream electral panels/critical load panel.

Inside the inverter box is fine. Assuming you only need to power a downstream electral panels/critical load panel.
Yup. Ultimately, it's all going through the meter and into my house. That does raise the question of sell back. But since that (I believe) is done at the point of the meter, it should still be considered 'downstream' of the inverter.

Yup. Ultimately, it's all going through the meter and into my house. That does raise the question of sell back. But since that (I believe) is done at the point of the meter, it should still be considered 'downstream' of the inverter.
Personally, I call down stream anything on the load side of the 18Kpv and upstream is anything on the Grid side (upto the instalation location of the CTs) anything beyond the CT (enroute to the meter) I'd consider sell back.

Just my take.

Did you get this resolved. Tonight is the first night I have my system up and running and I'm noticing that it's pulling from the GRID and not using battery power. I have almost exactly the same settings as you, AC Coupled using GEN lugs. I want everything ran off solar during the day and at night it should be using my batteries. My inverter is only powering my shop which as of right now only has outlets and lights, Hopefully someone can help me with this.
my CTs are installed below inverter in the conduit box. On GRID lugs 1 and 2. My grid line goes back to a 100amp back feed breaker for net metering. Screenshot 2024-02-18 202322.pngScreenshot 2.png

Did you get this resolved. Tonight is the first night I have my system up and running and I'm noticing that it's pulling from the GRID and not using battery power. I have almost exactly the same settings as you, AC Coupled using GEN lugs. I want everything ran off solar during the day and at night it should be using my batteries. My inverter is only powering my shop which as of right now only has outlets and lights, Hopefully someone can help me with this.
my CTs are installed below inverter in the conduit box. On GRID lugs 1 and 2. My grid line goes back to a 100amp back feed breaker for net metering. View attachment 196614View attachment 196615
Where is your shop panel connected to the 18Kpv at?

I enabled force discharge a few minutes ago, confirmed it was sending battery back to the grid. Disabled it and now it seems to be working properly. Battery powered is going to my shop
Did you use AC charge recently? If you did, did you interrupt AC charge before it completed charging?

Did you use AC charge recently? If you did, did you interrupt AC charge before it completed charging?
Checked on things this morning and its pulling from the grid and solar panels to charge the batteries. Is there anyway to stop it from pulling from the grid when it's already pulling from solar to charge batteries?

Checked on things this morning and its pulling from the grid and solar panels to charge the batteries. Is there anyway to stop it from pulling from the grid when it's already pulling from solar to charge batteries?
I would make sure that Bat Priority is not enabled in this instance since it will prioritize charging the batteries with any available source of power. However, if you would like to DM your station name and serial number for the inverter, I will look into this.

Back