diy solar

diy solar

Need help with EG4 18kpv - Not discharging batteries

I tried to set it and it gives me an error.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231125_184012_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20231125_184012_Edge.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 6
I tried to set it and it gives me an error.
What are you trying to set it at? Needs to be a few % higher than your cutoff. You might be better off using charge by time. Edit: do you have free electric at night?

What are you trying to set it at? Needs to be a few % higher than your cutoff. You might be better off using charge by time.
Discharge is set to 10% and was trying to set charge at the same. If I set the charge to 12% then the discharge will never reach the discharge level. Is that recommended?

Discharge is set to 10% and was trying to set charge at the same. If I set the charge to 12% then the discharge will never reach the discharge level. Is that recommended?
Why do you need to AC charge?

Is your electric free at night? (Somebody has free electric at night)

Why do you need to AC charge?

Is your electric free at night? (Somebody has free electric at night)
Lol

No but a whole lot cheaper than the peak charges. X5 the cost.

I was just told to run full charge and discharge for 14 days to setup the batteries.

I changed the AC Charge Based on to (SOC/VOLT) and still same error when trying to set start SOC%

fAAB-0C0D
I'd update firmware. charge by SOC wasn't officially added until 1010

FAAB-1010​

2023-06-30​

• Changes log (Same as fAAB-1010/ eAAB-1010/EAAB-1010)based on FAAB-0D0E.
  • 1. Enlarged the grid sell back power limitation ,if power limitation is high than 200% , then real limitation will be 1000% max.
  • 2. Peak-shaving logic optimization.
  • 3. Fortress battery protocol optimization :working in leadacid mode where is communication failure issue.
  • 4. AC Charge according to SOC or VOlT could be supported in this firmware version .
  • 5. Octopus charge function is supported.
  • 6. To avoid relays clicking on and off frequently due to grid fluctuation, a return value has been added in this firmware version .
  • 7. Hina battery protocol is supported in this firmware version.
  • 8. Grid regulation changes :Hawaii changed to HECO , and added KIUC grid regulation.
  • 9. Battery capacity could be showed in the LCD display .
  • 10. Optimization on AC coupling function : AC charge and battery discharge will be seamless switching way .
  • 11. Fans control logic optimization to reduce fans noise

I'd update firmware. charge by SOC wasn't officially added until 1010

FAAB-1010​

2023-06-30​

• Changes log (Same as fAAB-1010/ eAAB-1010/EAAB-1010)based on FAAB-0D0E.
  • 1. Enlarged the grid sell back power limitation ,if power limitation is high than 200% , then real limitation will be 1000% max.
  • 2. Peak-shaving logic optimization.
  • 3. Fortress battery protocol optimization :working in leadacid mode where is communication failure issue.
  • 4. AC Charge according to SOC or VOlT could be supported in this firmware version .
  • 5. Octopus charge function is supported.
  • 6. To avoid relays clicking on and off frequently due to grid fluctuation, a return value has been added in this firmware version .
  • 7. Hina battery protocol is supported in this firmware version.
  • 8. Grid regulation changes :Hawaii changed to HECO , and added KIUC grid regulation.
  • 9. Battery capacity could be showed in the LCD display .
  • 10. Optimization on AC coupling function : AC charge and battery discharge will be seamless switching way .
  • 11. Fans control logic optimization to reduce fans noise
Yup, that would do it. Ok thanks. I greatly appreciate you help on this!

I'll look at upgrading.

Ok, updated but i had to set a time for it to start charging automatically. Even though i can set it to SOC on the website it still wont stick or let me set the Start AC Charge SOC%. Only works with time based.

Firmware is: 0C12
Next version is 1616 but not a "standard update" so will require siginture to apply the update, i think.

Attachments

• 20231125_215623.jpg
    20231125_215623.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Ok, updated but i had to set a time for it to start charging automatically. Even though i can set it to SOC on the website it still wont stick or let me set the Start AC Charge SOC%. Only works with time based.

Next version is 1616 but not a "standard update" so will require siginture to apply the update, i think.
Looks like only one part of the update went through. "OC" is still old. It's typically a two part update.

DM @Markus_EG4 he should be able to help.

Back