diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18KPV Problems and Solution

The voltage does drop on load so I will rewire the 2 string into one tomorrow pushing the voltage to 500+ and see what happens.

Thanks ?
Where do you have the CTs installed?

Can you take photos of the LCD screen. And the setting screen that shows grid sell back and export settings?

The CT’s are installed in the main breaker below the breaker switch. This main breaker is just below the utility meter. I will take some pics of the lcd screen. I also checked the data and the voltage drops from -248v to -220v from pv under load….

The CT’s are installed in the main breaker below the breaker switch. This main breaker is just below the utility meter. I will take some pics of the lcd screen. I also checked the data and the voltage drops from -248v to -220v from pv under load….
Like this? 1704074403032.png

Is this correct? Edit... I forgot to add the arrows showing grid sell back. Fixed

2nd Edit. It would work with the PV/UTIL transfer switch flipped either direction.
I'm assuming the PV Interactive switch is a simple disconnect. Correct?

1704079026039.png

Last edited:
Is this correct? Edit... I forgot to add the arrows showing grid sell back. Fixed

2nd Edit. It would work with the PV/UTIL transfer switch flipped either direction.
I'm assuming the PV Interactive switch is a simple disconnect. Correct?

View attachment 186149
Yes the pv interactive is just a simple fused disconnect. The pv/util box is an on/off/on box. This is the setup as per the eg4 manual for whole home as per schematic of diagram 4.4.
IMG_2219.jpeg

Yeah, I think you're set up doesn't work like you want because this diagram is wack!

Why reinvent when the standard install + an external transfer/bypass switch would have gotten you the same functionality?
Followed the flow chart in eg4 manual and the above schematic was the result of their flow chart hence the setup.

Reconfigured the array and it is pushing 500+ volts now but it’s still only feeding the house and back feeding into the grid occasionally for 10 seconds then reverts to utility power….

Reconfigured the array and it is pushing 500+ volts now but it’s still only feeding the house and back feeding into the grid occasionally for 10 seconds then reverts to utility power….
Flip your util/pv switch.

This issue has been resolved by Markus from EG4. The issue was the utility grid voltage and frequency, so he tweaked the inverter settings and everything seems to be going well.

Back