diy solar

diy solar

To Daly or Not, that is the Question!

OK guys, just wanted you to know that I chose to get a Daly 150A Smart model to pair with my 250A model. Hopefully having one brand will simplify things. I ordered direct from Daly and got a competitive price. The same rep I used for my first one.

I also placed an order for 8 280A EVE cells to pair with my Lishens. Was going to get more Lishens but I found EVE stateside and a reasonable price...so...now I need to get back to my build that I have expanded before even getting going...

cant wait to hear more about your progress. my Daly 250a (i chose the smart unit and a touchscreen)just showed up my cells aren't scheduled until next month at best. I feel by the time I have the cells prepped winter will be here and ill just end up putting them aside and wanting to buy more for a spring install. I feel ill be following in your shoes with a second daly bms.

cant wait to hear more about your progress. my Daly 250a (i chose the smart unit and a touchscreen)just showed up my cells aren't scheduled until next month at best. I feel by the time I have the cells prepped winter will be here and ill just end up putting them aside and wanting to buy more for a spring install. I feel ill be following in your shoes with a second daly bms.
I just placed my orders for the second set of 8 batteries. I ordered the BMS via air from Daly direct, and I ordered my batteries domestically so I expect everything in about 10-14 days.

I am almost the opposite of you. Since it is hot here, I am waiting for cool weather to work on the trailer. Because it never gets very cold here, you can do most stuff year around aside from painting or certain products that don't apply in cold weather. In fact, I am hoping to get my TT's solar done to start traveling in October into the new year.

I've had a new vent/fan waiting to install. But I don't want to spend a couple hours on the roof removing and cleaning the old one. There's 15 years of lap sealant on the old one. I might find fossils. o_O

Some things on my trailer just couldn't wait. In July I replaced the front wall. This time last year, I started the install of my PV/LiFePO4 upgrade. Since Covid had so much shut down, I didn't have much else to do. I also rebuilt the ceiling and interior wall of my bathroom last year. It was one of those things that I said I would get to when I had time. Well, I had plenty of time. Git 'er done!

I've had a new vent/fan waiting to install. But I don't want to spend a couple hours on the roof removing and cleaning the old one. There's 15 years of lap sealant on the old one. I might find fossils. o_O

Some things on my trailer just couldn't wait. In July I replaced the front wall. This time last year, I started the install of my PV/LiFePO4 upgrade. Since Covid had so much shut down, I didn't have much else to do. I also rebuilt the ceiling and interior wall of my bathroom last year. It was one of those things that I said I would get to when I had time. Well, I had plenty of time. Git 'er done!
probably easier to remove the old sealant if it is warm vs. frigid.

I am sure I would get the procrastinator of the year, or maybe even decade award. I brought my trailer home last October, parked it in the driveway, and it hasn't moved. Other than a little cleaning and wiring, I have done nothing to it, although I have boxes of stuff to install on it, not to mention the solar system. And because I have waited so long, I am expanding the system I haven't even installed yet.

If my delays on my trailer project aren't convincing enough, I am still working on my 2018 taxes...

Back