diy solar

diy solar

Trace/ Xantrex SW 4024 stacking for 120/240v split phase.

emap

I have a Trace SW 4024 Manufacture 1st quarter 1994 and a Xantrex SW 4024 manufacture June 2007. I would like to stack them for 120/240 split phase output but I am having trouble finding info about there compatibility for this. I did see something about firmware compatibility but can't find how to check what firmware I have in these units. I did find a site with the schematic of how to build the cabling required but that's about it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks emap

I sincerely doubt it. I originally purchased my upgraded Conext SW4024 back in 2017, and the paper manual that came with the unit specifically stated two units could be paralleled.

Fast forward to the 2020 model of the SW4024 and that paralleling capacity has been removed. That dashes the idea that I could parallel two units to run my 240V well-pump.

Check their SW revision in the menu #3. It is likely different revs.

I have a similar setup. Problem with different SW rev is they have different times in recognizing an OPEN grid. During this time they wander apart in phasing. Also when one shuts down for any reason, the other should shut down does not work when on external AC input.

This sounds bad but it can be lived with in most cases. Rarely if ever, does grid go open circuit. Usually it drops and causes an immediate disconnect from grid on both inverter.

You might want this info.

Attachments

• Trace Serial Stacking Cable.pdf
    18.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Trace Power Board.pdf
    322.4 KB · Views: 8
  • SW User Menu.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • SW Setup Menu.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Thanks for the info, will check it out and see what I can do.

Back