diy solar

diy solar

LV6548 2nd Unit added for Split Phase - No AC Output (Axpert Max 7.2KW/Sungold lv6548/EG4 6500EX same)

NO_SafeSpace_4U

I just purchased another LV6548 for Split Phase operation. One unit is on Firmware 45. xx and the other is on Firmware 69.xx. This doesn't seem to be a concern with MPPSOLAR's support because the 1st thing they had me check was to make sure the comms cable was connected, and then no current sharing cables connected, and finally make sure option 10 is the same on both units (120v). I found it odd that they didn't care about the firmware version mismatch. Is it possible this is just the generic opening troubleshooting response they give while they wait on a response from the tech dept?

BOTH inverters function normally when in Single mode with the comms cables removed (see photo) When connection in Split phase no luck (see photo) Anyone have any ideas? (btw it's in 2P2 180)

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0775.jpg
    IMG_0775.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 6
Why not update the software?

Inverter 2 saved the 2P2 180 change?

Why not update the software?

Inverter 2 saved the 2P2 180 change?
Waiting to hear back from MPPSOLAR. They had me check to make sure both inverters were set to 120v in setting 10. Verify comms cables are connected and no current sharing cables are connected. Surprised they didn't ask me to check the firmware 1st.

Inverter 2 saved 2p2 180 change without an issue. Both inverters work fine when not connected in split phase

I'm not sure how many firmware releases there were between the two units, but it would probably be a good idea to get them both at the same version. There's no telling what all changes have been made between the two versions, and some could be regarding split phase communication between the inverters.

Just to be sure, the communications cable are connected like shown in the manual?

1.jpg

If so, I'd go ahead and update.

I got the email from MPP with the DSP and MCU firmware updates. The older unit update went smoothly but the newer unit failed immediately. I soldered the 3m ohm dealio onto the data line in the cable still no luck. Shut the unit down and it would not come back on. Just 1 red flashing led. Last attempt (with unmodified cable and panel dark) and it was updated finally. Split Phase up and running again!!! Thanks for the help guys

Yeah they should know better than to try and make you set up split phase with two different firmwares, glad you got it sorted eventually. The older versions of these units are rock solid, I'd beat the snot out of mine for 6 months driving some nasty loads and they took it in their stride.

Back