diy solar

diy solar

Tragically dead trojanes

Tates

There are a ton of discussions on recovering old or dead batteries, but none on recovering brand-new dead batteries. Yes, as a backup battery bank, I bought 24 Trojan T105s. They have been sitting for about five months because of some family emergencies I had. Since I have multiple chargers, I can charge at almost any voltage or current. However, I'm not sure what configuration would work best to charge these brand-new, but also dead, batteries.

Not T105-AES correct?

Flooded T105 non sealed use the Equalization charge shown on the datasheet of 8.1V and checking specific gravity with a hydrometer to 1.277 +/- 0.007 temperature compensated. Procedure here

I had a couple of EG4 48v batteries that were dead, no lights or anything. I was able to open the cover and apply 48v to the battery bank directly. I let it charge about 5-10 minutes just enough to get the BMS active, the I switched the charger over to the posts on the outside of the battery and was able to charge it all the way to full.

Anyways, that’s what I did probably not recommended and dangerous if you don’t put the charger in the right place, but it was able to revive two dead E4G batteries

diy solar

diy solar
Back