diy solar

diy solar

Two 6000xp's connected to One EG4 Power Pro battery

mattcony

As per the title really, I have one 6000XP and one EG4 Power Pro wall mount 14kw battery. Can I add a 2nd 6000XP into the mix. The battery has the additional terminals.

Could both invertors charge the one battery if the second invertor had solar connected, or would one XP just be a slave for the extra AC?

Thanks

As per the title really, I have one 6000XP and one EG4 Power Pro wall mount 14kw battery. Can I add a 2nd 6000XP into the mix. The battery has the additional terminals.
Yes, however the battery is limited to 200A continuous discharge current therefore the dual inverters would be limited to 10,000W delivered from the battery which should translate to about 9,300W of usable AC after considering losses.
Could both invertors charge the one battery if the second invertor had solar connected, or would one XP just be a slave for the extra AC?
Hopefully an EG4 6000XP user can answer this question.

Up to 16 Eg4 6000xp can be paralleled. So the answer to your question is an easy "yes".

Only the inverter with the Solar can charge the battery from Solar. You can split the solar across the inverters.

I think originally when I ordered my 6500ex's, the recommendation was for at least one 5.12 server rack batter per inverter (as a minimum). But that was before the 14kw Power Pro was even around. I'd say your good.

Back