diy solar

diy solar

Two MPPT charge controllers in one. Any about?

Mattb4

Solar Wizard
I see a few SCC that can feed two different battery banks but that is not what I am looking for. Like some All in ones (AIO) that now have 2 MPPT inputs it made me wonder if anyone is manufacturing a SCC that has this same idea. Yes you can buy two separate SCC but than you have two boxes you must wire to your batteries.

Trying to search for such a thing on the net all I get is a ton of information around proper use of two separate MPPTs wired to panels and batteries but nothing about a double MPPT controller for handling 2 separate arrays in one box.

Thanks for any you might know of.

Victron 450/100 has two inputs, or 450/200 has four inputs.

I think one of their smaller models might have two inputs, but I'm not sure which one.

I might be misunderstanding your question though. You've been around here and posted so much I would imagine you might already be aware of this feature of some Victrons.

Victron 450/100 has two inputs, or 450/200 has four inputs.

I think one of their smaller models might have two inputs, but I'm not sure which one.

I might be misunderstanding your question though. You've been around here and posted so much I would imagine you might already be aware of this feature of some Victrons.
I do see that it has two PV inputs but can not see that it is for two different arrays at differing capacities or is simply one array with two wires for load carrying.

Thanks for the Victron diagram. I had not seen that when I Googled up the model. Probably because Victrons website wont display images in my browser for some reason. Makes it hard to check specs. And they do not link there manuals in a simple manner to their product.

I will say I avoid Victron based on their price and ecosystem. Not a blue fan. But nevertheless it is one SCC that does have two MPPT controllers in one.

Midnight Solar does have a dual MPPT controller. It is specifically designed for two separate array’s with different orientation. Not sure but I believe it is called the Barcelona, but I will check on that and post what I find.

How about this Growatt? It's cheap and claims to have two MPPT trackers.

Growatt Charge Controller | SC48120-MPV

Very nice. Thanks for finding this. It does not talk much about it in its manual and several reviews on it fail to mention the 2 MPPTs as a feature. In fact some reviews online fail to mention that it would service two arrays. I do see in the manual that certain models will give the two arrays separate display readouts for voltage and current so it must be there.

Last edited:
How about this Growatt? It's cheap and claims to have two MPPT trackers.

Growatt Charge Controller | SC48120-MPV

View attachment 142082

Worth reading about the SC481XX on the forum... I'm definitely drawn to the price, but some accounts give me pause:

Especially this one:

The Midnight product does have internal battery over volt protection built in which trips a breaker on the input of the controllers.

It is very definutely high end teir-1 product.....200 amps output 2 x 100 amp MPPT controllers , 48 volt only, specifically meant for large installations.

Made in America and totally supported by qualified persons.

disclaimer....Ive been using Midnight products for many years, none have failed, factory support is by far the best that there is.

diy solar

diy solar
Back