diy solar

diy solar

Two SOK 100 AH batteries (which is better)

Sactoboater

SOK’s website shows two 100 AH batteries. Their descriptions are very similar. One is $570, is labeled a deep cycle, and is out of stock. The other is $590, doesn’t mention whether it’s a deep cycle, and is in stock. The $590 version also has Bluetooth and a heater, I believe. Is the $590 one worth getting or should I wait for the $570 to be available? Thanks for your help.

I would get the $590 battery even if I lived in a year round warm location. The Bluetooth monitoring is nice to have.

The Bluetooth monitoring is nice to have.
Based on reports I've seen on this forum I think all of their batteries come with the Bluetooth BMS now, even if it's not a listed feature. So for $20 you are getting a heater you might not need.

It's odd that there is only a $20 difference between the heated and non-heater 100Ah batteries. The 206Ah batteries have a $171 difference between heated and non-heated.

The other is $590, doesn’t mention whether it’s a deep cycle,
All LiFePO₄ is "deep cycle".

Depending on how much discharge current your system needs, another option would be the $1029 12V 206Ah battery that SOK sells. You actually end up with slightly more capacity (206Ah vs 200Ah) for less money. But you get half the max discharge current with the one battery versus the two smaller ones in parallel. This assumes you intend to put them in parallel for a 12V system. If your goal is a 24V 100Ah battery then ignore this paragraph.

Also note that Current Connected seems to have the non-heated 12V 100Ah SOK batteries in stock for $540. The following link is not an endorsement. I've never used them. But I've seen good things mentioned about them here on this forum. I believe the owner is active here as well.

Back