diy solar

diy solar

UK Members.?

ianlloyd100

Hi. Great forum, but a little too US biased. Do we have many UK based members, so we can compare UK experience?/. Just buying stuff from Ali Express, but have only got US based experience for delivery times etc..

Welcome aboard, ianlloyd100. In light of the political climate and economic differences around the world these days, most consumers regardless of location might be more concerned with simply receiving their purchase from another country rather than how long it might take.

Hi. Great forum, but a little too US biased. Do we have many UK based members, so we can compare UK experience?/. Just buying stuff from Ali Express, but have only got US based experience for delivery times etc..
UK here, with a Aliexpress/BLS order incoming :)
There is a Swedish guy just got his Ali cells, with a timeline posted in the thread.

Hi all, new forum member here, I'm in Ireland and plan to do most of my shopping online, at least for major components.

I hope to build a 24v system to run my internet appliances, home server, modem router etc, would be happy to share any western Europe tips I find !

All the best !

It matters because the whole experience is different in the UK, for lots of reasons.... Just today, I was trying to buy some battery terminals for a battery box. Will had some nice big chunky ones in a video for the $555 battery.... I can't find anywhere in the UK that sells them.. Smaller ones, sure.. But not the same......... Also, we can't seem to get Battle Born batteries here.. Even if we could, the price would be a £ to $ straight conversion... So your $500 battery would cost us the equivalent of about $800... We don't have a Harbour Freight equivalent, or a home Depot where you can get just about anything........ Delivery times SHOULD be about the same from China, but it would be nice to have another Brit, confirm how long it takes for stuff to arrive...... Then there's the question of, " are photons different in the UK?".................... No.... we just seem to have less of em............. :)

I was trying to buy some battery terminals for a battery box. Will had some nice big chunky ones in a video for the $555 battery.... I can't find anywhere in the UK that sells them..
Had similar issues, often wills links to "proven quality" wire/ends/fuses/tools dont ship to UK or have huge shipping costs. Nowt to do with the photons ;)

Hi all, new forum member here, I'm in Ireland and plan to do most of my shopping online, at least for major components.

I hope to build a 24v system to run my internet appliances, home server, modem router etc, would be happy to share any western Europe tips I find !

All the best !
Hi Colm - I'm also in Ireland - also 24V system - LiFePO4 for a liveaboard barge. Also new at this so I'm still collecting components...Most of them on order - just the panels to get - I'm looking at 4 x Trina 275W Split cell - still to pull the trigger on those...

Cheers

Alistair

Back