diy solar

diy solar

Unable to find the right connector size. Help please.

mikecogs

I have a battery bank that has a smaller quick connect on the battery. What I need is very similar to the one that Signature Solar sells. I basically need a smaller version of this:

I have been searching but I am unable to find one smaller

EG4 uses Degson connectors. There's a smaller (100A?) version on the ChargeVerter GC (*) but no easy source of them like the listing above. Other vendors (Amphenol, etc) make similar connectors, but there's no expectation that any of them are compatible with each other. Who makes your battery bank with the other connector?

(*) The PowerPro connectors cannot be inadvertently connected to the wrong polarity, but the 'mini-Degson' connectors on the ChargeVerter _CAN_ be, so be really wareful that you don't plug the orange plug into the black socket or vice versa.

Here are the Degson offerings:
But again, it's probably _NOT_ compatible with your random battery.

They must match, brand and size. They are not interchangeable at all.

My 2 cents, skip that and use bolt-on connectors. How often do you intend to disconnect or connect them?

If you do go with the quick disconnect get amphenol or degson connectors from Mouser or digikey. Don't trust amazon, aliexpress or any of those others that might be fake.

It is generally trivial to pop the top and change out the front panel connectors to whatever you like.

Read this thread about what can go wrong.

diy solar

diy solar
Back