diy solar

diy solar

Updated my gird tie array

Prosolar

I had the time, and after sourcing pieces parts for a few months, I added to my grid tie array. I added 12- 310 Qcell panels and a Solaredge 3.8kW inverter.

A keen eye can tell there are three sets of 12 panels. That was due to lack of $$$ or purchase the whole shebang at one shot. They are all close to the same specifications and the optimizers round off the rough edges. The new panels, under the dirt, are Qcells 310W I purchased from Santan solar for $110 a pop. They were (are) new. The middle array is comprised of 12 Qcells 255 W. The last array is Hyundai 250W panels.
Two solaredge inverters are used. One 6kW and 3.8kW. Adding onto the array was a inspired idea due to the addition of a EV.

Comments? Sure

Mike
img_1267-jpg.55416

Attachments

• IMG_1267.jpg
    IMG_1267.jpg
    643.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2076.jpg
    IMG_2076.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Mike, could you post a link to the post clamps shown in your second photo? I'm planning to build a six panel ground mount with 1.5 inch pipe and I'm looking for ideas for attaching the rails to the posts.

Mike, could you post a link to the post clamps shown in your second photo? I'm planning to build a six panel ground mount with 1.5 inch pipe and I'm looking for ideas for attaching the rails to the posts.

IMG_1791.jpgSure... i used 2" sked 40 tube (I call it pipe with is incorrect.)IMG_2073.jpg It's used for fence posts. Purchased locally from a large fencing company. Comes in 21' hunks. The clamps are Ironridge 2" which fit perfectly to the 2" pipe (Which is actually 2.5" in diameter)
The rails are mounted to the pipe with Ironridge rail clamps.

FYI The pipe (tube) that I used is damn expensive. At $7 a linear foot. That being said, I'm quite happy with the results and the strength of the array frame. Had the price of treated lumber not went out of control, I think I may have rethought using the pipe. There's almost $2K worth of pipe.

Back